Options

New Cisco CCNP material

thehourmanthehourman Member Posts: 723
This question is for the folks who have the new CCNP books
Amazon.com: CCNP Routing and Switching Official Certification Library (Exams…

I just want a clarification, it did mention that it comes with a CD and practice test engine. I would like to know if it comes with .pdf version of each book.

If you already bought the book, can you please let me know if it does come with pdf?

Once I get my CCNA, I am going to study CCNA:S then CCNP. I am really hoping that each book would comes with pdf.

Thanks.
Studying:
Working on CCNA: Security. Start date: 12.28.10
Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
Reading:
Network Warrior - Currently at Part II
Reading IPv6 Essentials 2nd Edition - on hold

Comments

• Options
    auosauos Member Posts: 186
    I am not sure about Routing and Switching book, but I bought TSHOOT book and the CD came without PDF version and I am already surprised.
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Theres a review stating the library comes with no pdf

"
    They're your typical CiscoPress reference books which are good for studying and occasional reference.

What these books lack are .pdf copies on the enclosed CDs so you can put them on a laptop and take them with you, rather than hauling around tomes. Previous generation books had .pdf copies. The best you get with this is a 45 day Safari Online access. Not acceptable. "

Im suprised by this, usually the self study guides i have bought do not come in pdf format but the exam certs usually have done.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Since Cisco Press is now selling an overpriced PDF/eBook separately -- or a still overpriced Book/PDF bundle -- it seems like you no longer get a PDF copy on the CD with the purchase of the book.

I could understand a small charge (like O'Reily) for a PDF copy for the books that don't have CDs -- or a more reasonable eBook price -- but this is just seems lika a money grab by Infomit/Pearson/Cisco Press. icon_rolleyes.gif

I'll stick with old fashioned and more useful for studying paper copy of Cisco Press books for now.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    thehourmanthehourman Member Posts: 723
    Wow, I just bought a Kindle DX 3 weeks ago, and now I might not be able to use it since there is not PDF comes with the book. I only bought it for my studies.

The Oreilly has a really good pricing with their ebooks because if you have a book, you can purchase the ebook version (they have different types of formats as well) and pay $4.99 for it. I am going to purchase more Oreilly books on Amazon. I think they have a lot of good networking books. I really like the Network Warrior (haven't finished it, though.)

I tried to download the Kindle version of the new CCNP (sample), and the formating is like the book; however, the images look kind of bad. What I mean is, they look like a paper that gets wet. You know what it looks like. Of course, it is not as bad, but it is kind of look like it gets wet. The images are readable, it is just annoying.
    However, the Kindle version is cheaper than the Cisco Press' prices.

I like the book version as well. Actually, I prefer the real bookss because I can flip back and forth the pages, but it is too heavy. When I go to work and study, I use my Kindle, and when I get home the book. That is why I was hoping that the new CCNP books have pdf version.

What is the difference between these books Amazon.com: CCNP Routing and Switching Foundation Learning Library: Foundation Learning for CCNP ROUTE, SWITCH, and… and the official guide?
    The newer one has more pages. Do you think they have more information than the official book?
    Studying:
    Working on CCNA: Security. Start date: 12.28.10
    Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
    Reading:
    Network Warrior - Currently at Part II
    Reading IPv6 Essentials 2nd Edition - on hold