Options

TechNet Plus subscription

danc_101danc_101 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
Ok, my TecNet plus subscription ran out for 1 week until I renewed it yesterday.

During this week period my Windows 7 PC wanted to be re-activated as it claimed to be 'non-genuine'.

I never knew that the MAC's linked to your TechNet account 'expired' if you didn't keep up your subscription - interesting..

Comments

• Options
    Mojo_666Mojo_666 Member Posts: 438
    I never knew that either, I am a MAP's subscriber and I am hoping it does not work in the same way.

:/
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I didn't know it worked that way either.
    I know I may face a similar situation with MSDN AA with the OSes I received through them. They have a statement in the agreement that the license is only good as long as I'm a student at the partner institution. I'm wondering if my wife's 7 will quit working like that after I graduate.
    I do know that my laptop (which also has an OS from MSDNAA installed) reverted to "not a genuine copy of windows" when I took it down to the inlaws. This was really strange as it worked fine before leaving home and then reactivated after I got it home.
    Does MSDNAA actually keep track if you change your network like that or did I just hit some kind of glitch? Will it quit working after I graduate WGU???
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    danc_101danc_101 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Don't get me wrong this may be a coincidence but it did it on 2 of my PC's so I doubt it..

The annoying thing was I had to obtain another MAK to activate it again.
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    hm, I had a TechNet account - and my home PC is still chugging along with no issues.
  • Options
    arwesarwes Member Posts: 633 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My account expired on 6/22 (got it renewed yesterday though) and I never had any issues with software keys.
    [size=-2]Started WGU - BS IT:NDM on 1/1/13, finished 12/31/14
    Working on: Waiting on the mailman to bring me a diploma
    What's left: Graduation![/size]