Options

level of job experience

blaze78322blaze78322 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just finished school recently and now in the wonderful world of job searching icon_wink.gif
I saw a posting recently for a support analyst that asks for 3 years experience desktop support.
I only have 1 year of experience of experience in support but I also have the skills they are looking for in the job description.. "MS, MS OFfice, Ghost, TCP/IP, A+ etc..."
should I still apply for this job even though I only have 1 year's experience, even though I think I would be a suitable candidate for the position??

Comments

• Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    What do you have to lose by applying? They aren't going to start making phone calls to all local companies telling them not to hire you. icon_wink.gif

Go for it. You may get an interview and they may be impressed with what you know. You're taking a bigger chance by NOT applying for a job. The worst case scenario is that you don't get the job...and we've all been in that position before.

Good luck!
  • Options
    blaze78322blaze78322 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You're right, thanks :)
    I'll take a chance and hopefully will get a response from the company.. if not no big deal. It's better to try than do nothing.
  • Options
    NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I totally agree with /usr. Everyone goes through it. I must have sent out 50 plus resumes before 1 or 2 would even reply back and even at that, that's just the beginning. It doesn't hurt to send it out and watch one day, you will get a call or an email back and you will be so glad that you sent it out to that company.