Options

Confused+Help+CCNP

fazecoberfazecober Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Am about completing my CCNA course from a reputable institution here in my country. which I will be certified but not from Cisco International. Before I planned taking the CCNA exams externally, But now I have decided to start CCNP course a month after the CCNA course. Now my problem is since when you write the CCNP exams by cisco it overrides the CCNA certifications. it is advisable to write the CCNA and then move on to write the CCNP certification exams let say the same year? Will that not be waste of money writing CCNA? Confused

Comments

• Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    fazecober wrote: »
    Am about completing my CCNA course from a reputable institution here in my country. which I will be certified but not from Cisco International. Before I planned taking the CCNA exams externally, But now I have decided to start CCNP course a month after the CCNA course. Now my problem is since when you write the CCNP exams by cisco it overrides the CCNA certifications. it is advisable to write the CCNA and then move on to write the CCNP certification exams let say the same year? Will that not be waste of money writing CCNA? Confused

What country are you in?

You don't HAVE to take the CCNA before the CCNP but you have to COMPLETE the CCNA before you will be awarded the CCNP. Even if you passed all 3 of the CCNP exams you wouldn't get your CCNP until you had a valid CCNA. CCNP Certification - Cisco Systems

I think you might actually want to get the CCNA done before you think about the CCNP.
  • Options
    fazecoberfazecober Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks

Am in Ghana. Yes am About completing my CCNA, and the school am with will issue a certificate but not from CISCO. What I want to do is Acquire CCNP certification from CISCO. Do you mean completing my CCNA from Cisco or my current school. Since I will not get any certification in CCNP until I have CCNA meaning I have to register for the CCNA then.
  • Options
    jason_lundejason_lunde Member Posts: 567
    Thanks

Am in Ghana. Yes am About completing my CCNA, and the school am with will issue a certificate but not from CISCO. What I want to do is Acquire CCNP certification from CISCO. Do you mean completing my CCNA from Cisco or my current school. Since I will not get any certification in CCNP until I have CCNA meaning I have to register for the CCNA then.

Yes you can take and pass the ccnp tests, but you will not be "certified." You MUST have a valid CCNA to get the CCNP credentialing.
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks

I suggest you do the CCNA through Cisco. Anything else isn't a CCNA and if you want a CCNP then you need to go through Cisco as well. But like I said, I personally wouldn't worry about the CCNP until you get the CCNA. Get that done FIRST since you have to do it anyway and the nature of the CCNA and CCNP is a progressive one. What I mean is the CCNA builds a foundation to the CCNP.