Options

Professor Messer's Free CompTIA Network+ Training

TechnitoTechnito Member Posts: 152
Network+ Pursuers, I came across online and want to introduce Professor Messer's CompTIA Network+ Free Training Course. Sorry if this has been posted somewhere on this site already, but I looked and didn't find any posts about this yet.

But anyhow, this guy is great. He has 44 videos which he teaches section by section of material needed for the Network+ 2009 edition exam. He goes into great detail and explains things very clearly. I've never watched a CBT Nuggets video before but for some reason I bet this guy's modules will prepare you just as well for this exam. And not to mention it's FREE! And he stresses it. I took my Network+ N10-004 exam today and passed with a 758. Yes that's a pretty low score, but I only been preparing for this for about a week. And I haven't put much effort into studying at all and I didn't spend any money in the preparation process. I came across a few ebooks which I been skimming through but they were mostly focused on old technology which I assumed was designed for the older Network+ exams. But what really got me through this exam was the last 2 days of watching Professor Messer's videos. I didn't watch every single video, I only watched the videos I felt I was weak or needed some refreshing on. But overall, there were lots of questions on my exam which were explained clearly in Professor Messer's videos. They've taken out a lot of that old technology in this 2009 edition exam, which Professor Messer is aware. So his videos don't overload you with crap you don't need to know. I'd say for someone who doesn't know anything about networking could pass this exam by watching these videos a few times. I hope this will be a good resource for future test takers. And good look :)
Knowledge is being an Architect, no matter what field.....

Comments

• Options
    TheChamp22TheChamp22 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    yea hes awesome they have post of it on here gotta really search it lol but yea ive been watching his videos for A+ im still preparing for and hes pretty straight forward with his material havent seen the net+ videos but i will be soon once i pass the A+ :)
  • Options
    cbsharpe0824cbsharpe0824 Member Posts: 153
    Yep, I can vouch for the videos. His videos were very detailed and interesting. I am taking the 4-day class and then the test this coming Monday, so wish me luck!
  • Options
    logisticalstyleslogisticalstyles Member Posts: 150 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I discovered these great videos this week also. I just finished the Mike Meyers All In One book, and am wrapping up the Tech Notes as well. I was looking for some practice questions when I found the Professor Messer videos. They are excellent. He was really able to break down Binary Math for me. I plan on watching every one of his Net+ videos and then doing all of the practice tests in the Exam Cram book before I take the test. I'm probably already prepared to take and pass the test, but I don't want to risk not passing this expensive test.
  • Options
    Definitely, good luck @cbsharpe0824!

I really wished he'd do one for Security+ (Which I'm sure he may be working on). But I understand it's time consuming and costly, although it's free to us. And I agree @logisticalstyles, CompTIA exams are too expensive to be going in unsure whether or not you'll pass. I took a big risk simply because I didn't put much into it and didn't really know what to expect. But definitely these videos helped me a lot. And also be sure to check out GetCertify4Less for discounted early expiry exam vouchers. I managed to get one for $175.
  • Options
    eceric01eceric01 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I also recommend Professor Messer's video to anyone pursuing Net+ cert. His lectures are detailed and straight to the point. It actually helped me pass the exam yesterday.

Good luck to future takers :)
  • Options
    cbsharpe0824cbsharpe0824 Member Posts: 153
    Technito wrote: »

I really wished he'd do one for Security+ (Which I'm sure he may be working on). But I understand it's time consuming and costly, although it's free to us. And I agree @logisticalstyles, CompTIA exams are too expensive to be going in unsure whether or not you'll pass. I took a big risk simply because I didn't put much into it and didn't really know what to expect. But definitely these videos helped me a lot. And also be sure to check out GetCertify4Less for discounted early expiry exam vouchers. I managed to get one for $175.

Hey Technito, I just passed the test this afternoon! woo-hooicon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    Hey Technito, I just passed the test this afternoon! woo-hooicon_thumright.gif

Cool, big congratz on the pass! :)
  • Options
    shred25shred25 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just passed my A+ Cert last Thursday and a huge part of me passing is those videos. The man should get an award or something, seriously. Anyways, Im moving forward to my Network+ and will be nuking some popcorn and watching those videos soon. Highly Recommended!! icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    messer is the effin man. highly reccomend him. and i love the little one liners he says in the beginning of every module ha.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Options
    security techsecurity tech Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratz on the pass!!! For the Sec+ I recommend Darril Gibson book, you can find it on amazon.com and it's not expensive at all. I am sitting for my Net+ in the begining of Dec. Hopefully, I will do well.
  • Options
    sincere11105sincere11105 Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I know this is a bit late.. How did you guys study? Im watching the videos and I have the Mike Meyers book.. Did you guys make flash cards, or outlines?

I love Professor Messer.. He really deserves something for this.
  • Options
    hackman2007hackman2007 Member Posts: 185
    I know this is a bit late.. How did you guys study? Im watching the videos and I have the Mike Meyers book.. Did you guys make flash cards, or outlines?

I love Professor Messer.. He really deserves something for this.

I used the exact same resources.

I didn't make any flash cards. I just read the book and watched the videos. Both were great resources.
  • Options
    I used the exact same resources.

I didn't make any flash cards. I just read the book and watched the videos. Both were great resources.

Thanks! Im actually working on my A+. N+ will follow right after that. There are way too many acronyms in A+ for me not to make flash cards
  • Options
    showboshowbo Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Prof. Messer free videos are awesome. I only watched 3 of them, and they even helped on me on the exam that I passed today! :)
  • Options
    Congrats showbo. Which one did you take?
  • Options
    jhatto1jhatto1 Member Posts: 6 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Messer's videos are excellent from what I can see. I've been slowly studying for the net+ for a few months now (no rush because I don't need the cert, just the knowledge..but why not get the cert?) and Messer's videos have been good for reinforcing certain things I found difficult to grasp from Meyer's all in one. I'll probably be taking the test in the next few weeks.
  • Options
    BlackoutBlackout Member Posts: 512 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It must say I was really intimidated by subnetting, his courses really broke it now in a barney style way.
    Current Certification Path: CCNA, CCNP Security, CCDA, CCIE Security

"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect"

Vincent Thomas "Vince" Lombardi
  • Options
    pzeropzero Member Posts: 192
    Technito wrote: »

^^ Professor Messor is in the process of adding the Sec+ (301) vids. I used his stuff for the Microsoft 70-680. Very easy to follow.
  • Options
    snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    +1 The man is awesome!
  • Options
    SamLea27SamLea27 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I discovered these great videos this week also. I just finished the Mike Meyers All In One book, and am wrapping up the Tech Notes as well. I was looking for some practice questions when I found the Professor Messer videos. They are excellent. He was really able to break down Binary Math for me. I plan on watching every one of his Net+ videos and then doing all of the practice tests in the Exam Cram book before I take the test. I'm probably already prepared to take and pass the test, but I don't want to risk not passing this expensive test.

Another good free resource, specifically practice exams, are available at Free Practice Tests | KnowledgeBuster.com