Options

Comparative Difficulty and Pass mark

sweenk2000sweenk2000 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I would like to ask your opinion on the level of difficulty of the 70-290 and 70-291 exams when compared to the 70-270 exam. Would you say that they are
(a) much harder
(b) a little bit harder
(c) about the same
(d) a little bit easier
(e) a lot easier
than the 70-270?

Also, is the exam pass mark the same for these two exams (ie 700 from 1000)?

Cheers,

Greg
"There's a man on the line, he is wasting my time..." Cdeb

Comments

• Options
    JerzJerz Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The pass mark is the same (700/1000).

I would say 290 for me was MUCH HARDER than 270. I hardly studied for 70-270 and passed on the first go but failed 290 twice finally passing the third time with a lot of studying.
  • Options
    nightstrm_utnightstrm_ut Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'd agree that 70-290 was harder for me than 70-270. My test focused a bunch on using the builtin backup services included with Windows 2003 Server. I also think that the Sybex 70-290 left out some of the information needed for the exam; thankfully I supplemented it with the Testout CBT software.

I'm studying for 70-291 now, I'll let you know how it is once I take that one (scheduled for Jan 21st).
  • Options
    sweenk2000sweenk2000 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'd agree that 70-290 was harder for me than 70-270. My test focused a bunch on using the builtin backup services included with Windows 2003 Server. I also think that the Sybex 70-290 left out some of the information needed for the exam; thankfully I supplemented it with the Testout CBT software.

I'm studying for 70-291 now, I'll let you know how it is once I take that one (scheduled for Jan 21st).

To nightstrm_ut and Jerz - thanks very much for your opinions - I'll make sure I take my time and do a bit extra study for this one. I'd be very interested in your experience with 70-291 nightstrm_ut, since that will be next on my list once I get through 70-290. Much appreciated.

Anybody else have anything to add?

Greg
    "There's a man on the line, he is wasting my time..." Cdeb
  • Options
    skaeightskaeight Member Posts: 130

When you refer to the builtin backup services, do you mean the command line ntbackup.exe, or the GUI Backup program?
  • Options
    antonio banderasantonio banderas Member Posts: 102
    sweenk2000 wrote:
    (a) much harder
    than the 70-270?

exam pass mark (700 for the 70-290)

Once I'm finished taking this test, I will take one more to get my MCSA... Then, Microsoft tests can kiss my ass, because I will not take anymore icon_rolleyes.gif

I just failed the 70-290 with a score of 678.... Some questions seemed unfair like modem questions are some of irrelevant stuff, but what can I say.... You pass some and you fail some... Just the way it goes...
    Network/Radiation Oncology Analyst III