Open source Gantt Chart ?

earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
Does anyone know where I can get any open-source Gantt chart software that would give me an out put that's compatible with Microsoft word? I'm working on my Technical Writing assignment for WGU and need to have the data put into a Gannt chart.
My version of office doesn't have project and I don't have the funds right now for a technet subscription.
No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.

Comments

• NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • ChronusMaximusChronusMaximus Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Do you know if WGU offers a MSDN AA account? I know you can get a copy from there.

The two that seem to be the most popular are GanttProject and OpenProj. I have messed around a little with GanttProject but I have not used it in production use since we have MS Project at work but it looks promising.
    WIP: CCNA
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Do you know if WGU offers a MSDN AA account? I know you can get a copy from there.

The two that seem to be the most popular are GanttProject and OpenProj. I have messed around a little with GanttProject but I have not used it in production use since we have MS Project at work but it looks promising.
    I checked MSDNAA and don't believe that I actually missed that. We have Project Professional 2007.icon_redface.gif
    I'm fixing to download it now.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • apena7apena7 Member Posts: 351
    I made my own using Excel 2007. It wasn't fancy, but it got the job done.

Example 1

Example 2
    Usus magister est optimus
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Hate to dig up an old thread but would rather not start a new one right now.
    I'm working on my capstone and want to make my Gantt Chart look better than it did for my TWA1 paper. What I want to do is have the task list with all the dates on one page and the Gantt graph on the next page. I saw it like this when I was checking some sample capstone papers but can't figure out how to get this done.