Tax Free Weekend

Michael.J.PalmerMichael.J.Palmer Member Posts: 407 ■■■□□□□□□□
Now I'm sure that most everyone here probably builds their own systems so tax free weekend probably isn't that big of a notion (not to mention that online it's tax free weekend every day). But I was curious if anyone else braved the crowds to grab some some sort of tech device while it was tax free.

Me personally I drove an hour to Raleigh and spent half an hour outside the Apple store to pick up a Mac Book for my father-in-law (no I didn't pay for it, my mother-in-law did). He's a truck driver and wants a Mac Book to take with him on the road so he can Skype with other drivers and surf the net. Personally I tried to talk him out of getting it but he was dead set on it after receiving recommendations from several other truckers to get one, so we dropped a cool grand today on a brand new Mac Book.

I'm in the middle of downloading the software updates on it (already downloaded Skype for him and downloaded Firefox for myself to use, not a big fan of Safari). Gotta say I don't think I'll ever get used to navigating OSX, but that's a discussion for another day.

So did anyone else brave any crowds like I did? The Apple store was crazy with folks trying to pick up iPads and Mac Books while they were tax free.
-Michael Palmer
WGU Networks BS in IT - Design & Managment (2nd Term)
Transfer: BAC1,BBC1,CLC1,LAE1,INC1,LAT1,AXV1,TTV1,LUT1,INT1,SSC1,SST1,TNV1,QLT1,ABV1,AHV1,AIV1,BHV1,BIV1
Required Courses: EWB2, WFV1, BOV1, ORC1, LET1, GAC1, HHT1, TSV1, IWC1, IWT1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CPW3.
Key: Completed, WIP, Still to come

Comments

• steve13adsteve13ad Member Posts: 398 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I was planning on it until I found out that peripherals had to be under $250. So that ruled out picking up the 32" TVs and using them as monitors.

I did order some polo's from old navy (I know watch out for this guy!)
  • kevozzkevozz Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Georgia decided not to have one this year. I was thinking about picking up an Ipad.

Or buy online.