Options

**850 ON TESTTODAY..YES!!!**

010Netninja010010Netninja010 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Quick question i have net+ and a+ what do i do to get these applied for mcsa ..when do i get my mcp id number ? will microsoft email me or do i have to wait untill i get it in the mail? thanks this board is awesome.

Comments

• Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes I just took care of this issue myself the other day because I was wondering the same thing.

Here is the link on CompTIA's website to apply your CompTIA credentials towards your Microsoft certification path:

http://www.comptia.org/certification/related/ms_signup_form.aspx

You'll get your MCP ID number via email which you will need to access the MCP member site to receive your welcome kit (Card, Certificate, pins, etc).
  • Options
    thanks alot sir. so basicly i cant register anything untill i get the email from microsoft with my mcp id number??? its not on my test results???
  • Options
    JerzJerz Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Go to the MCP member site:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcpmembersite.asp

If I remember correctly it took a day or so but I filled out a form and gave the test centers id that was on my test and was granted access and given the mcp number. I don't remember exactly but theres the link...
  • Options
    thanks alot sir. so basicly i cant register anything untill i get the email from microsoft with my mcp id number??? its not on my test results???

That's correct. I don't believe your MCP ID is on the test score report, but I could be wrong. I can't remember icon_sad.gif
    I do know that you have to verify information on the Microsoft site before they send you your welcome kit though.

I just got an email from CompTIA telling me that they sent my transcript over to Microsoft and it should take about 5-10 days for it to post on my M$ transcript.
  • Options
    TeKniques wrote:

That's correct. I don't believe your MCP ID is on the test score report, but I could be wrong. I can't remember icon_sad.gif
    I do know that you have to verify information on the Microsoft site before they send you your welcome kit though.

I just got an email from CompTIA telling me that they sent my transcript over to Microsoft and it should take about 5-10 days for it to post on my M$ transcript.

ok i just filled out the net passport and went to login it says i have to migrate them together which i did ..but its asking me for a Vendor Registration ID ..which i dont have . Ive typed in all of my different ids but none of them will let me login to see a transcript(i test with vue) so if im following you i will just haveto wait untill M$ sends me an email with my id?????
  • Options
    Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
    Congrats on the Pass Ninja.

However just as a side of precaution, you might want to remove the **secret clearence** from your sig.
    WIP Vacation ;-)

Porsche..... there is no substitute!
  • Options
    Am i breaking a rule...??? im sincerly asking ?
  • Options
    No, no rule. Just not something you want to advertise. But, it's up to you.
    WIP Vacation ;-)

• Options
    while your here ..can you tell me? will microsoft send me an email with my mcp id number??? i just passed today?
  • Options
    I'm not sure, I haven't taken any of my exams yet. I know it takes a little while to get the cards (3 weeks)
    WIP Vacation ;-)

• Options
    nightstrm_utnightstrm_ut Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I received an email from Microsoft 2 days or so after finishing my first MCP exam with Vue.
  • Options
    scrubmanscrubman Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats!!!! what did you use for 1st and 2nd study materials? how bout some comments on questions? hard? easy? what you expected? how many questions?

im studying nowfor that exam... im using the MS study book and Exam Cram2 for now...

any suggestions are welcome!

thanks
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    You can expect a wait of up to 6 weeks for your MCP report. It never takes that long, but it could, so sayeth M$. I got mine in three days, and had the Comptia combo credited a week later.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    JerzJerz Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ok i just filled out the net passport and went to login it says i have to migrate them together which i did ..but its asking me for a Vendor Registration ID ..which i dont have . Ive typed in all of my different ids but none of them will let me login to see a transcript(i test with vue) so if im following you i will just haveto wait untill M$ sends me an email with my id?????

Try it again tomorrow if it doesn't work today... one of those numbers on the transcript got me into the mcp site the day *after* the test I took which was on a Friday. I did not wait until I recieved something from M$.

Now on the other hand it WILL take six weeks to get your welcome kit so don't forget to request the welcome kit once you do get into the site.

Cheers!

Jerz
  • Options
    Just wait till you get the email from Microsoft and then fill in the required info on the CompTIA site. You just have to be patient :)
  • Options
    taxmantaxman Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I called MS and gave them my Canidate ID and they had me fill out a few things online and I was done. If you have a MS Passport... it will take 5 minutes on the phone and they will ship your Welcome Kit ASAP.

I sat the 270 exam a week ago, I regestered my A+ and Network+ with Microsoft VIA CompTIA. Log onto Comptia and go to this link and follow the instructions:

http://www.comptia.org/certification/related/ms_apply.aspx

Your MCP ID Number is your Candidate ID number on your 70-270 score report.

Good Luck with your next course.