Hello All

security techsecurity tech Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
I really love this site, everyone has been so helpful. I read Darrill's Book just about 3 times.I have been studying for this exam on and off since Feb. I really feel as though, I am ready for the exam and that I have a good understanding of what is required to pass the exam. However, I do lack confidence in myself, I have been in Security since 2006. I just moved into a junior level position and I really want to take and pass this exam. Although, I am a horrible test taker.

I am going to take advantage of the $150.00 test voucher.

Can someone tell me where I can purchase helpful practice questions?

Comments

• DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Transcender always have good questions.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • security techsecurity tech Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ok Thanks.

I was reading through Darrill's book and I was confused about Collisions (Hashing) and Preimage Attacks. What is the difference? They both appear to do the same thing.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    ok Thanks.

I was reading through Darrill's book and I was confused about Collisions (Hashing) and Preimage Attacks. What is the difference? They both appear to do the same thing.

I think it is all the intention. If I have 2 files that just happen to have the same hash, its a collision. But if I have a single file, and I am attempting to create a second file with the same hash, that is a preimage attack.

So a collision is the result, and a preimage attack is attempting to find/create a collision.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Welcome to the forums!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I really love this site, everyone has been so helpful. I read Darrill's Book just about 3 times.I have been studying for this exam on and off since Feb. I really feel as though, I am ready for the exam and that I have a good understanding of what is required to pass the exam. However, I do lack confidence in myself, I have been in Security since 2006. I just moved into a junior level position and I really want to take and pass this exam. Although, I am a horrible test taker.

I am going to take advantage of the $150.00 test voucher.

Can someone tell me where I can purchase helpful practice questions?

Don't buy transcender. They are way over priced for the the exact same thing from selft test software: Kaplan SelfTest CompTIA SY0-201 Training Products - Practice tests and Online Courses - SY0-201

I would know I bought both before taking the sec+ 2008 and the questions where identical to the T. Save yourself some $ and use it on something else. Buy from self test.
    That makes sense....Thanks!
    I considered buying Kaplan selftest last week...Thanks for the heads up!!!