Options

Anyone have info on the CCNA:SP?

LOkrasaLOkrasa Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
The new CCNA:Service Provider exam was released earlier this year, but I still don't see any books/material released for it on CiscoPress.com or anywhere else for that matter. I don't even see the exam track listed on the Cisco Press website with a title saying the books are coming soon? I really am interested in taking it, but I am not sure how to study for the exam since their is no real books or anything out for it yet... I remember when the concentration exams were released two years ago they had released Exam Guides available almost exactly at the same time as the exam release. However, with this exam I am not seeing anything... ? Am I missing something?

Sorry for double post if this topic was already discussed before, but I did a search and didn't see anything.

Thanks guys!

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I emailed Cisco Press like last week asking if they had any time frame for the books for that track. They replied and said they had no information at this time. I'm pretty interested in these as well, but the IOS-XR kind of makes me second guess going for them since I have no practical experience with it.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    As if you need it!!! Mr. CCNP and CCIP! ;)

Good idea on emailing them to find out. I wish Cisco had the free retake voucher available like they did two years ago so I could at least risk taking it before the books come out. I guess its Cisco white papers for me...
  • Options
    I don't think white papers will cut this one. It seems to be a lot on processes and procedure deals for trouble tickets etc. I don't think Cisco has many white papers on that.
  • Options
    Yeah I agree. The white papers will not cut it for that... I think I will just have to wait it out. Kind of sucks that its been out for so long and nothing has been released.
  • Options
    If I hear anything I'll post it up here. I don't have any inside channels or anything so I'm sure you will hear it at the same time anyway :D