voucher4you.com is a ripoff!!!

Comments

• brewdbrewd Member Posts: 56 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I received no notification whatsoever, the test was simply cancelled when I went on Prometric.com to reschedule it.

No one has reported that certificates were revoked for exams that were passed using vouchers from voucher4you.com. My Security+ was obtained using one of his vouchers, and the CompTIA website is still showing that it is valid for that matter.
  • arwesarwes Member Posts: 633 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Just because Paypal refuses to take care of it doesn't leave you SOL. If I was to sell you a voucher and it turns out it was just a number that I made up, you are entitled to bring me to court.

You can also contact ZenCart who is hosting his website and inform them that he is ripping customers off and they might shut his site down.

My advice would be to threaten legal action, even if you have no intent of following up on it, maybe he will get moving a little quicker.

ZenCart is just the shopping cart software he's running on his site, they don't do hosting. His site is being hosted by Blue Host:

Web hosting provider - Bluehost.com - domain hosting - PHP Hosting - cheap web hosting - Frontpage Hosting E-Commerce Web Hosting Bluehost

I've never done business with this guy, but I'm still going to open a help desk ticket with Blue Host so he doesn't rip anyone else off. I'm going to point them to this thread for info.

Edit: Wow that was quick. Got this back from Blue Host:
    We will take a look at this, but we can't take any action against them. You will want to contact your local authorities about this so something can be done. Thank you.

Terms of Service Compliance Department
    1958 South 950 East
    Provo, UT 84606
    P: 888.401.4678 Option 5 | F: 801.765.1992
    [size=-2]Started WGU - BS IT:NDM on 1/1/13, finished 12/31/14
    Working on: Waiting on the mailman to bring me a diploma
    What's left: Graduation![/size]
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    arwes wrote: »
    ZenCart is just the shopping cart software he's running on his site, they don't do hosting. His site is being hosted by Blue Host:

Good to know, thanks
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • shamanklngshamanklng Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I bought two vouchers from testkill at ebay site the vouchers are valid for like 2 days and somehow they are invalid. My tests get canceled without and email.

I was wondering if I pass the test within 24 hours and the vouchers go bad later, will I still get a passing grade in the prometric site?
    shamanklng wrote: »
    I bought two vouchers from testkill at ebay site the vouchers are valid for like 2 days and somehow they are invalid. My tests get canceled without and email.

I was wondering if I pass the test within 24 hours and the vouchers go bad later, will I still get a passing grade in the prometric site?

The voucher went bad likely because someone else used it. So to the person that used it first, it is a perfectly good voucher. To the second, third and fourth people, it isn't good.
  • nrsnrs Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've never purchased vouchers from this person but I have seen from others that when they email you the voucher they tell you to use it within 24 or 48 hours. My guess is they had found a loophole in the Prometric system in that possibly there was a delay between when a voucher was first used and when it was invalidated. They would purchase one voucher and then sell it to multiple people - urging them to use it ASAP before it was invalidated.

I bet Prometric discovered the loophole and then closed it.

Of course it's also entirely possible that it's all on the up and up and they're just having a problem with Prometric and are overwhelmed. Either way only voucher4you or Prometric could tell us - and trying to get answers out of Prometric is pretty difficult in most cases.
  • shamanklngshamanklng Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    That sound right actually. I said the vouchers were invalid and he gave me two more right away. Then the same thing happen test got canceled with no notification.

But the weird thing is that he didn't mind refunding me back my money. Maybe because he was selling off of ebay and didn't want to have a bad record with ebay.

Now, I am going to try it again. He said if it works I can pay him back later. So, he gave me a voucher and I have to take the test within 24 hours or it might go invalid.I am going to take the test tomorrow, hope it is still valid when I get there.

Cheap might not be the Best, but if it works, that is fine with me.icon_twisted.gif
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Thanks Brewd and Devilsbane. Kind of strange, but the guy got back to me within the past hour and said he will get me a replacement voucher soon. I just hope what happened to a previous poster doesn't happen again ala the voucher being canceled for a second time. Otherwise, I will definitely call in Paypal next time instead of doing it via web. I didn't realize that's how it worked. Thanks again guys.

What is the point of a replacement voucher from the same dodgy vendor? Seems you are just doubling the risk of getting into trouble with the certification body. Try to get your refund and call it quits.

My premise is that this is the same site that had the invalid voucher problem which is frowned upon by certification bodies i.e Microsoft etc. If Im wrong about that just ignore as I haven't been following the thread *that* closely.

Just wouldn't want you to get stung on the accreditation front that's all.
  • SrSysAdminSrSysAdmin Member Posts: 259
    shamanklng wrote: »

I bought a voucher from testkill as well because a poster on this forum in this exact thread said that he could be trusted.

I checked on my test appointment scheduled for tomorrow just to make sure there weren't any issues, and sure enough it has been cancelled.

**** man...why are there so many assholes in this world?

Oh well, now to call PayPal...
    Current Certifications:

* B.S. in Business Management
    * Sec+ 2008
    * MCSA

Currently Studying for:
    * 70-293 Maintaining a Server 2003 Network

Future Plans:

* 70-294 Planning a Server 2003 AD
    * 70-297 Designing a Server 2003 AD
    * 70-647 Server 2008
    * 70-649 MCSE to MCITP:EA
    I just received an update from testkil and a refund for my test...the response (which is in response to me opening a PayPal claim) is below:

No need,im sending the refund.
    apparently source of vouchers i bought turned out to be originally from that voucher4less scam guy .

- testkill
    Current Certifications:

* Sec+ 2008
    * MCSA

Currently Studying for:

Future Plans:

* 70-647 Server 2008
    Do we know if it is vue vouchers, prometric vouchers, or both from voucher4you that are causing issues?

I bought a voucher at the end of July and took a prometric test (security+) on August 12th with no troubles. I must have been one of the last people...
    Do we know if it is vue vouchers, prometric vouchers, or both from voucher4you that are causing issues?

I bought a voucher at the end of July and took a prometric test (security+) on August 12th with no troubles. I must have been one of the last people...

Prometric was the issue for me.
    Current Certifications:

* Sec+ 2008
    * MCSA

Currently Studying for:

Future Plans:

* 70-647 Server 2008
  • Maiden4lifeMaiden4life Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    over9000 wrote: »
    Did everyone get their money back from voucher4you.com? I see he's back selling vouchers again on his website. I'm too scared to try and buy a voucher from him after hearing the horror stories from you guys. I was also wondering if anyone has used this site? https://www.calarttech.com/ If so, are the vouchers from there legit? Will they really pay for a second shot if you need it?

I got my money back from PayPal yesterday.
  • SynthrosSynthros Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just wanted to update everyone -- I never got a response from the seller, but PayPal gave me a full refund today.
  • ComputadoraComputadora Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I hope he goes to jail for what he's done.
  • descender421descender421 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Did anyone that paid him through Paypal via his website have any luck with getting a refund? I know the people that paid through Ebay did, but just wondering about the rest. He had replied back to me about a week and a half ago saying he would provide me with another voucher, but haven't heard back since. Was thinking about calling Paypal tomorrow to double check that nothing can be done for me.
  • kevozzkevozz Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Any issues with Comptia vouchers? I bought a Security+ voucher back in May. I just checked Prometric and my exam is still scheduled. I need to hurry up and take it.
  • AnthonyGAnthonyG Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I bought my voucher through voucher4you and it was cancelled for me aswell. However, I just called Prometric's customer care line and they rescheduled me no problem for the following week.

• philippe2396philippe2396 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi there,

Everyone who have been frauded by the website voucher4you.com and/or voucher2you.com/or ebay seller voucher4you, please make sure to report your transaction to paypal within 45 days and to financial institution within 90 days.

I personally brought a voucher code on april 9th 2010, I tried to schedule my exam last week, and surprise, my voucher code is voided. Contacted prometric, they say contact the seller, the seller (sam) responded me," did you follow instructions ?" lol.

I made a little research, and I found the supposed owner.

contactmq.th.jpg

also a linked in profile

linkedin.th.jpg

Here is the page, Shambhu Kaphle - Japan | LinkedIn

I will provide you with futher update on the case. If you have any updates, please PM me or post back in this topic.

To anyone who did not got his full refund from paypal or credit card, I suggest you will an official complain with IC3 complain center, here: www.ic3.gov
  • SatyrSatyr Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey guys, I found this threat on google, and wanted to post a message on how to do this right. When you buy "discounted" vouchers from ebay or the internet, you should use the following guidelines to make them work 100% of the time. Trust me, my friends and I have used them for a long time without any problems whatsoever.
    1) Buy the discounted voucher the day before, or the day of your exam. The voucher will be sent to your email within hours (sometimes minutes).
    2) Go to the prometric site and use the voucher to book the exam. Or simply walk in to a testing center and give them the voucher.
    3) If you book the exam for the next day, simply walk in to your preferred testing centre and write it.

If you book and write your exam within 24 to 48 hrs of getting your voucher, you will have no problems.

Don't worry about cancelled vouchers, or cancelled exams. Once you pass an exam, you have passed it. They cannot take away any of your passed exams.

This has worked 100% of the time.
    The reason some vouchers get cancelled if you don't book or take the exam within a few days is because the vouchers have expired!
    Why do you think you are getting the vouchers at a discounted price? Because the regularly priced vouchers have a 1-year expiry date. You're purchasing vouchers that are expiring in a few days or a few weeks. So the discounters on the internet are selling them at discounted prices just to get rid of them. So buy the voucher, book the exam, and write it. There is not need to buy a voucher a week or 2 before. Just buy it the day before or same day!
    I hope this clears up things. If you use my method, you will never have a problem.
    Satyr wrote: »
    1) Buy the discounted voucher the day before, or the day of your exam. The voucher will be sent to your email within hours (sometimes minutes).

My voucher took several hours to arrive. Not to mention that test centers are booked a week in advance where I live.

Don't worry about cancelled vouchers, or cancelled exams. Once you pass an exam, you have passed it. They cannot take away any of your passed exams.
    It depends on the issue. If you stole a voucher or did something fraudulent, they can do whatever they want.

Welcome to TE. Take a look around, I bet you will like it.
  • tbgree00tbgree00 Member Posts: 553 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I saw something on the MCP Flash website called "What were they thinking?" which had some supposedly real stories of people selling test questions and bad vouchers and getting in trouble with Microsoft. I wonder if someone should report this to them. It definitely seems like something they would be interested in. I got out before I used any of the vouchers so I'm not sure if I'm the best person to report it.
    I finally started that blog - www.thomgreene.com
  • Bert McGertBert McGert Member Posts: 122
    Just pay full price you cheap bastards!

Couldn't agree more. It's cheaper to pay X than to try to pay (X/2) and end up paying 1.5X in the end... plus frustration, humiliation, and wasted time, at which point you're up to like 4X.
  • SatyrSatyr Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My voucher took several hours to arrive. Not to mention that test centers are booked a week in advance where I live.

Here's a tip. For example the testing center closes at 5pm, and they have 4 seats. The 4 seats are "booked" for 2 or 3 hrs, so the last booking is scheduled for 2pm or so (2pm to 5pm). Most of these exams will be completed by 3pm or so because most test takers quickly do their exams and leave. So from 3pm to 5pm the seats are "empty". If you walk in at 2pm and wait, the test center administrator can book you in if you have a voucher (print out your email). If your exam is "scheduled" for 3 hrs, and you want to start at 3pm, just ask the administrator to "temporarly extend" their testing hours (for that day) past 5pm. (Just tell him/her you will be done in an hour or 2). As long as they can leave by around quitting time, they won't mind booking you in (and making money for the testing center). After all, if the seat is empty (from 3pm to 5pm), they are not making any money. Most centers are happy to accomodate test candidates if you're nice when you ask.
    Welcome to TE. Take a look around, I bet you will like it.

Thanks! I already like it here.
    I know I don't like extending my hours at the end of the day, I'm sure they don't either. What happens if you assure them you will be done in 2 hours and then aren't done yet? I don't think they can just kick you out.

Plus, what happens if they can't fit you in? Now you have the voucher and couldn't get the exam in. I agree that you want to book it and sit it asap, I just question that it can be done in 24 hours notice, at least where I live.
  • snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Never used the site but thanks for the heads up. I will not use them for any future exams.
  • ArystaArysta Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    AnthonyG wrote: »
    I bought my voucher through voucher4you and it was cancelled for me aswell. However, I just called Prometric's customer care line and they rescheduled me no problem for the following week.

Lucky. They told me I had an invalid code that was probably fraudulent and said there was nothing else they could do.

Also, Satyr's advice obviously doesn't work 100% of the time because I did exactly what he claims works 100% of the time.

Still trying to get my money back... this isn't over yet, Shambhu Kaphle.
    Arysta wrote: »
    this isn't over yet, Shambhu Kaphle.

lol

Good luck! icon_cheers.gif
  • descender421descender421 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Arysta wrote: »
    Lucky. They told me I had an invalid code that was probably fraudulent and said there was nothing else they could do.

Also, Satyr's advice obviously doesn't work 100% of the time because I did exactly what he claims works 100% of the time.

Still trying to get my money back... this isn't over yet, Shambhu Kaphle.

lol yeah I'm in same boat, I called Paypal and they couldn't help out as I bought it from his site instead of Ebay and I have emailed him several times and get nothing in return. Pretty much just accepting the fact that I'm out 165 bucks and moving on with life.
  • brewdbrewd Member Posts: 56 ■■■□□□□□□□
    lol yeah I'm in same boat, I called Paypal and they couldn't help out as I bought it from his site instead of Ebay and I have emailed him several times and get nothing in return. Pretty much just accepting the fact that I'm out 165 bucks and moving on with life.

That's BS what Paypal told you. I purchased my Security+ voucher on his site (after a successful purchase and use of a Network+ voucher from him off of eBay) and was able to receive a refund from Paypal after placing a claim with them via their Phone Support.

Read some of my comments in this post on the first and second page. Since you didn't purchase a tangible item, if the seller responds to your disupte, you are out of luck, but for everyone else that was in the same boat and entered a dispute, the seller never responded to paypal and thus they refunded the purchase.

Good luck on the refund. I was honestly amazed to have received mine, but won't be at this point if you do get yours back as long as you haven't waited too long to enter the dispute.