Options

Finished Up A+

willhi1979willhi1979 Member Posts: 191
I took the 701 last week and passed with a 774. I took the 702 today and passed with a 820. I did it for the resume since I applied to a sys admin position that wanted it, hopefully they'll call me in for an interview. I used Mike Myer's book and free practice tests online, proprofs, gtssupport, and comptia. Now on to the 293 and Network+. I'm also going to try the Security+ Bridge exam next week since I finished Darryl's book. Good luck to everyone taking this one. I work with software so the hardware questions were new material for me.

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on finally getting your A+. I didn't think any HR goons would insist on an A+ for a Sys Admin position..lol
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    willhi1979willhi1979 Member Posts: 191
    earweed wrote: »
    Congrats on finally getting your A+. I didn't think any HR goons would insist on an A+ for a Sys Admin position..lol

Thanks. The position wanted tiered help desk experience. I do support for a software application as a tier 3 analyst. I guess they thought most people would be coming from a typical help desk background.
  • Options
    gsqr4471gsqr4471 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i am currently studying for the A+.....i have the preplogic essentials practice exam software and a comptia exam cram book ...my test is september 10th and im taking a practice test everyday with steady improvement...would this be enough you think or is there more i can do to prepare...thanks for any suggestions