need study advice for a+

gsqr4471gsqr4471 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
i am currently studying for the A+.....i have the preplogic essentials practice exam software and a comptia exam cram book ...my test is september 10th and im taking a practice test everyday with steady improvement...would this be enough you think or is there more i can do to prepare through other books ....how accurate are the preplogic practice questions....thanks for any suggestions

Comments

• willhi1979willhi1979 Member Posts: 191
    I haven't seen the Examcram for A+ but they are usually a quick overview. I don't know your experience level so that might be enough for you. Also, taking the practice exam each day is a bad idea. You will start to memorize the answers and that can skew your results.
  • TheChamp22TheChamp22 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ive used preplogic myself for about a month and i must say they have great study material i still have the practice exams at home i printed them out to keep
  • TheChamp22TheChamp22 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i also recommend professormesser.com he has great material as well ive been using him for a while now hes helped alot
  • gsqr4471gsqr4471 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i can see what u mean.....they try to switch where the answers are ....but knowing the answers doesn't mean your comprehending the information. Is the practice exam software pointless? i was thinking of having my wife read off the questions without me looking....i figure if i know the answer by explaining it...it might demonstrate my comprehension of it...what do you think? and as far as my experience level...I've been building and taking apart computers for about 6 years....i decided to try to make a living in the industry about two years ago and I'm half way done with an associates degree in networking at my local community college here in long beach, ca. I finished my A+ Hardware and Software prep classes with a 98% and 96% respectively. Just want to make sure I'm fully prepared, and not in over my head..thank you again for all suggestions and ideas...this noob truly appreciates it!
  • willhi1979willhi1979 Member Posts: 191
    gsqr4471 wrote: »
    i can see what u mean.....they try to switch where the answers are ....but knowing the answers doesn't mean your comprehending the information. Is the practice exam software pointless? i was thinking of having my wife read off the questions without me looking....i figure if i know the answer by explaining it...it might demonstrate my comprehension of it...what do you think? and as far as my experience level...I've been building and taking apart computers for about 6 years....i decided to try to make a living in the industry about two years ago and I'm half way done with an associates degree in networking at my local community college here in long beach, ca. I finished my A+ Hardware and Software prep classes with a 98% and 96% respectively. Just want to make sure I'm fully prepared, and not in over my head..thank you again for all suggestions and ideas...this noob truly appreciates it!

I wouldn't call the practice exam pointless. It gives you areas to work on based on the score report from it, gives you a feel for the questions, and some of the questions are similar to the ones on the test. I usually take practice tests no more than twice to make sure I don't memorize the answers. It sounds like you're prepared for it, and I'm sure you'll do great.