Options

Taking my exam on thursday....

confuzzconfuzz Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
I don't know.... I'm still gonna walk in telling myself I can pass it, but after tonight, I don't know.... went to my class, everything was pretty much how it has been.... scoring about 70's on all of the assignments we get and everything.... Talked to the teacher, she went ahead and assigned me the rest of the assignments for the book and some studyguides, got home, started doing the study guides, half the stuff isn't even in the book, we didn't talk about it in class either.... hoping the people who made them planned on making them harder so we study more after we take those so we'll pass the exam.... but yeah, I'm taking it thursday, feeling pretty good about it....

Comments

• Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Best of luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    cliffjag1987cliffjag1987 Member Posts: 206
  • Options
    shadown7shadown7 Member Posts: 529
  • Options
    lol, failed it with a 587.... thinking about going again monday and taking it.... All of the Active Directory and group policy stuff, that would fall under security, or networks or what? that's the area I did the worst on, thinking if I work on the chapters in the book for that, and work on the RIS stuff again, and I should be ok for the retake....
  • Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well at least you have a good attitude towards it and you know where you need to study. Best of luck. I would suggest if you can afford it to get some prep software like Transcender to give you a good idea of where you stand before your retake.

Good luck.
  • Options
    NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I agree with TeKniques that you should try to see if you can get the Transcender for this exam. Also take as many practice exams as you can possible. What books are you using to study?
  • Options
    Using the Microsoft Windows XP Professional ALS book thingy from Microsoft Press.... The one that comes with the cd with the readiness review test thing.... I was happy with the score I got on that, the reslts I hadbased on the sections are pretty much balanced the same as what I did on the actual exam today, but I had a better score on the review.... I don't know, maybe it was a mental thing, it's usually not quiet when I study or do homework and it was quiet when I was taking the test, but then everytime someone moved, it distracted me.... been awhile since I've taken any tests, but I'm happy with the score I got.... I think I'd actually be upset if I failed with a high 600.... technically, all I should have to worry about getting down into memory would be RIS and group policy, I saw alot of that, not alot on RIS, but enough where it'd help out....
  • Options
    Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
    May the schwartz be with you! icon_wink.gif
    WIP Vacation ;-)

Porsche..... there is no substitute!
  • Options
    question.... on pearson vue's site, they have this thing, you pay $60 for an exam, and from now until I think feb 13th, if you fail, you get to take it again for free, I looked at it, the $60 exams are the IT academy exams or something like that, the 70-270 and 72-270 are the same exams, but the 72-270 is the IT one, is there a difference between them? if there isn't a difference and both will still give me the same MCP and everything, the 72-270 would be better, cheaper and a free retake....
  • Options
    taking it again on monday.... the stuff I did the worst on, we just happened to go over that in class today, but I don't remember seeing any of that on the exam, but still.... I'm gonna look at my homework and the test results, see what I need to go over first and give thebook a quick weekend reading through again and take it monday afternoon.... I was told today that no one at the school I'm going to has scroed a 587 when taking it 2 weeks before th rest of the class, so according to them, I actually did pretty good....
  • Options
    NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Keep doing those practice exams and try again. Good luck on taking it on Monday again.
  • Options
    marcread357marcread357 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm planning to take the 70-270 test on monday. I have been studing the Microsoft XP als book last weekend. this weekend I will be concentrating on the practice tests.

I was woundering how the "trickiness" of the pactice test questions compares to that of the offical tests. I have taken the Transcender test and scored a 72% but i also took a preplocic test and scored a 60%. It just seemed that the preplogic test questions were more difficult. I think i now my stuff pretty well, and have a good understanding of how to apply it. I'm just not real good at taking tests.
  • Options
    lol, too bad my testing center told pearsonvue that they'd be open on monday and they were closed when I got there monday morning.... taking it friday morning....