Options

Has anyone done something like this?

This was listed in my local job boards. I've been prepping for my MCSA, but I thought it would be nice to get into as well. Has anyone done something like this?

BECOME A CISCO CERTIFIED NETWORK PROFESSIONAL
Company: "Local" Community College
Area: Somewhere
Become a Cisco Certified Network Professional

The Cisco Networking Academy at "Local" Community
College will now be offering Cisco Certified Network
Professional certification training courses starting in
September 2010.

Students will gain the knowledge and skills needed to
plan, implement, secure, maintain and troubleshoot
converged enterprise networks.

Courses include:
• CCNP Route: Implementing IP Routing
• CCNP Switch: Implementing IP Switching
• CCNP TShoot: Maintaining and Troubleshooting
IP Networks

Classes will be held one evening a week on a bi-weekly basis at the "local" campus. The Cisco Networking Academy at "The local community college" also offers courses to prepare students for CCENT, CCNA, CCNA Security and CompTIA A+ certification exams.

Comments

• Options
    phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    I started in the Cisco Network Academy for my CCNA back in 2004. It was a good, albeit fast paced. Remember though, to have a CCNP you'll need a CCNA.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • Options
    HeeroHeero Member Posts: 486
    A lot of community colleges offer the cisco netcad classes as actual credit classes. Mine does for both the ccna and the ccnp, along with some of the side ccna certs like the ccna:v. Its a good way to do the cisco certs, especially if you like the classroom experience.

And yeah, you need the CCNA to do the CCNP.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Heero wrote: »
    A lot of community colleges offer the cisco netcad classes as actual credit classes. Mine does for both the ccna and the ccnp, along with some of the side ccna certs like the ccna:v. Its a good way to do the cisco certs, especially if you like the classroom experience.

As did mine.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    HeeroHeero Member Posts: 486
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    As did mine.
    Its a lot easier than having to develop their own classes.
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    As did mine.

Mine too. It also had CCSP and some expert level courses for high level troubleshooting. I might pop back into the academy if I find myself given the chance to play with real gear.
  • Options
    CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    Heero wrote: »

I am really thinking about it. For the CCNA, it's only 1 night a week for 15 weeks. The courses also add up to 12 credit hours after CCNA 1, 2, 3, and 4.
    Hopefully I can do that as well as work on the 70-291 and Windows 7 exams.