Windows 2003 Security

Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
I know that there are security resource kits out there. I saw this book while doing some windows shopping (pun intended) and I was wondering if anyone here has read it:

Amazon.com: Windows Server 2003 Security: A Technical Reference (9780321305015): Roberta Bragg: Books

Or this book for that matter:

http://www.amazon.com/Professional-Windows-Desktop-Hardening-Programmer/dp/0764599909/ref=pd_sim_b_2

Comments

• TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    You may wish to add these to your list. From your friendly North American Spooks.

Operating Systems - NSA/CSS
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■■■□□□□□□
    TheShadow wrote: »
    You may wish to add these to your list. From your friendly North American Spooks.

Operating Systems - NSA/CSS

+1 This looks like something that would be great to read and go through.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Scroll up on that and there's also some good reading on Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Looks like some good reading.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    knwminus wrote: »

I have that book and it is awesome. I used parts of it for 290 and 291 and I'm sure I'll be using it for the pki stuff in the following mcse exams. It is a great reference.
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    phoeneous wrote: »
    I have that book and it is awesome. I used parts of it for 290 and 291 and I'm sure I'll be using it for the pki stuff in the following mcse exams. It is a great reference.

Awesome. Thanks!
  • ssampierssampier Member Posts: 224
    [Cartman Voice]
    My credit card HATES you guys.
    [/Cartman Voice]

Thanks a bunch. I will have to pick this up after I finish 70-290 and Security+.

Then it's on to 70-293, 70-294, and 70-298 and 70-299. Whew!
    Future Plans:

JNCIA Firewall
    CCNA:Security
    CCNP

More security exams and then the world.