Forefront Endpoint Protection

it_consultantit_consultant Member Posts: 1,903
One of my clients is using Symantec Endpoint protection and some update it pushed is wreaking havoc across the network. I have had it up to my ears with this crappy product. Has anyone deployed MS' AV? Personally I have used Security Essentials for a while and I really like it.

Comments

• Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    One of my clients is using Symantec Endpoint protection and some update it pushed is wreaking havoc across the network. I have had it up to my ears with this crappy product. Has anyone deployed MS' AV? Personally I have used Security Essentials for a while and I really like it.

You will not regret dumping Symantec Endsuck for Forefront.

I spent a couple of hours trying to fix an endpoint install that just up and decided to break for no reason on 3 computers. icon_twisted.gif
  • arwesarwes Member Posts: 633 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'd just be happy to get some clear pricing on the product. Our PC Connection rep has been less than helpful. Guess I'll be calling 1-800-R U Legit for licensing help yet again. Our Symantec contract isn't up until November, but I guess I'd still better get some pricing info ASAP.
    [size=-2]Started WGU - BS IT:NDM on 1/1/13, finished 12/31/14
    Working on: Waiting on the mailman to bring me a diploma
    What's left: Graduation![/size]
  • forkvoidforkvoid Member Posts: 317
    I have Forefront Client Security running at our office, and the local university, where I used to work, uses it site-wide. It's pretty good. It's gotten high reviews online, too.
    The beginning of knowledge is understanding how little you actually know.
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    We have had very few problems with Symantec Endpoint Protection, we had a little more trouble with the Symantec Endpoint Encryption. THe end users complained of slowness, but once all the files encrypted it runs smooth.

Overall no complaints from our environment.
  • darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    I would highly suggest checking out Windows Intune. It carries the protection of Forefront Endpoint, but also allows you to manage PCs via the cloud. It's a very nice product so far, but won't be released until Q4. I'm a partner with online services sales capability and I'm already testing it in 200+ PC's while it's in beta. It's working great.

If anyone may be interested in deploying this in your environment, give me a shout. It's all web-based (cloud services), so no on-site deployments.
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    ANYTHING has to be better than the bloody coat-hanger abortion that is Symantec Endpoint Protection. Sometime I think I'd rather just go ahead and get the virus. It's easier to recover from.

I would be curious to see opinions on the Forefront Endpoint. We'll have to keep using SEP on the desktop but I'm looking for something else enterprise ready to put on my servers (we're stuck with SEP for a while, but I'm sick of the headaches that it has caused me on my servers).
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • it_consultantit_consultant Member Posts: 1,903
    I am running the beta on my laptop and besides the different icon, its almost exactly the same as MS Sec Essentials, which is fantastic. This is probably another win for Microsoft. As soon as it goes RTM I am getting it. My client is a nonprofit and they get really good pricing through MS.