Options

Ccna 640-801

TheChamp22TheChamp22 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
ive decided to start reading my CCNA book, just want to get some of you cisco pros opinion about it and while i'll be reading this book im in the process of getting my A+

Comments

• Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I'm not a cisco pro but go for it!! The Network+ material and CCNA would go together. The A+, Network+ and Security+ is a great combination. Anyways, what book are you using to study from?
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    its called CCNA study guide 5th edition from sybrex 640-801
  • Options
    a book that i got from the cisco course i was taking when i was in school a few years ago
  • Options
    fly351fly351 Member Posts: 360
    it will "work", but the two exams (640-801 and 640-802) have changed quite a bit. I would recommend picking up a Cisco Proess, or at least a Lammle book.
    CCNP :study:
  • Options
    yea thats the aurthor of mine todd lammle
  • Options
    fly351fly351 Member Posts: 360
    well, like I said... the exams changed quite a bit. I am sure you can make due without a new book for now, and it will definitely give you an edge on the 2 or 3 questions on networking that might be on the A+ :P

I would also recommend trying out Dynamips and making sure you know what you are getting into. Cisco is whole other world from tech support / windows & server. Give it a shot to make sure it is for you before you dive to deep.
    CCNP :study:
  • Options
    agree with you 100% im stuck between the two of cisco and microsoft so i"ll give cisco and shot
  • Options
    jojopramosjojopramos Member Posts: 415
    If you are really into networking, finish studying for CCENT and ICND2. After taking the 2 exam path for CCNA, then study Microsoft. Being able to know systems and network is a better combination if you want to be a systems/network admin.
  • Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    640-801 is outdated, you should get 640-802 material.
  • Options
    jojopramosjojopramos Member Posts: 415
    and phoeneous is right.... if you really are serious in studying CCNA, you should buy and read materials from 640-802 or better go to the 2 path exam... ICND1 and ICND2. Buy CCENT book for a starter...
  • Options
    thanks guys for the advice i'll be sure to look into 640-802 since i know the previous version is outdated and definately the 2 paths exams is a must