Options

CCNP TSHOOT physical buildout

spartangtrspartangtr Member Posts: 111
I'm trying to build out the CCNP TSHOOT topology and I have a few questions. I've got a second 3550 on the way so here's what I have so far.

2620xm
2 x 3550
2 x 2950

Everything looks like it should be OK except i'm not sure about that 2503. I THINK it's running 12.1. Is this going to support at least most of everything I need for this topology? I'm not so much worried about the IPv6 topology, I may just have to lab that up in GNS3.

I know i'll be needing another router. I'll probably end up using the 2610 with one of the NM-4AS cards I have as the frame relay switch. Assuming the 2610 I have is good enough for this topo(correct me if i'm wrong) i'll probably just pick up another for cheap hopefully.

Comments

• Options
    stuh84stuh84 Member Posts: 503
    As far as the IPv4 side goes, it should, because all you need really is EIGRP, OSPF and NAT when it comes to the routers. The switches will all have the capabilities to do what you need (etherchannels, spanning tree, and a bit of routing on the 3550s).

The IPv6 side has a couple of caveats so watch out (the redistribution between OSPFv3 and RIPng for example, theres a couple of gotchyas with that), other than that though, everything you have should cover 2 out of 3 parts of the topology (L2 and IPv4 L3)
    Work In Progress: CCIE R&S Written

CCIE Progress - Hours reading - 15, hours labbing - 1
  • Options
    spartangtrspartangtr Member Posts: 111
    stuh84 wrote: »
    As far as the IPv4 side goes, it should, because all you need really is EIGRP, OSPF and NAT when it comes to the routers. The switches will all have the capabilities to do what you need (etherchannels, spanning tree, and a bit of routing on the 3550s).

The IPv6 side has a couple of caveats so watch out (the redistribution between OSPFv3 and RIPng for example, theres a couple of gotchyas with that), other than that though, everything you have should cover 2 out of 3 parts of the topology (L2 and IPv4 L3)

Awesome, that's all i'm looking for. The IPv6 stuff will be done in GNS3. Just got a really good deal on a 2621 on ebay(the 2 fast ethernet ports will come in handy for R4).
  • Options
    HeeroHeero Member Posts: 486
    It looks like I'm going to have to do some amount of the labbing for the TSHOOT in dynampics. Luckily, I just recently built a new computer with a phenom x6 and 8gig of ram, so i should be good.

I will probably be able to do some stuff at work though. Will have to talk to my boss.
  • Options
    stuh84stuh84 Member Posts: 503
    I dont want to be a self promoting arse, but this is how I went about it, a combination of real gear and dynamips

TSHOOT - How to do the topology with only minor bastardizations | Working From My Shed
    Work In Progress: CCIE R&S Written

CCIE Progress - Hours reading - 15, hours labbing - 1
  • Options
    HeeroHeero Member Posts: 486
    stuh84 wrote: »
    I dont want to be a self promoting arse, but this is how I went about it, a combination of real gear and dynamips

TSHOOT - How to do the topology with only minor bastardizations | Working From My Shed

Certainly helpful. I think I'm going to have to build separate parts of the TSHOOT topology and play with them separately. Just dont have the required resources to do the entire topology at once.