Options

Which IOS version implemented the do show command?

feng.lianfeng.lian Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
I always thought it was 12.2 but using packet tracer with a 2950 switch with 12.1, there was that do show command.

Comments

• Options
    MosGuyMosGuy Member Posts: 195
    I could be wrong, if I remember right the command was first introduced in release 12.1(11b)E
    ---
    XPS 15: i7-6700HQ, 256 pcie ssd, 32 GB RAM, 2 GB Nvidia GTX 960m, windows 10 Pro

Cert in progress: CCNA (2016 revision)
  • Options
    feng.lianfeng.lian Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    When in doubt, check the command reference doc(s) -- if you can find them since the Cisco Doc changes icon_rolleyes.gif

Cisco IOS Configuration Fundamentals Command Reference - D through E [Support] - Cisco Systems
    12.2 ( 8 ) This command was introduced.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Now the switch IOS versions.... that might take some research unless you limit it to a specific switch family/model.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Packet Tracer = Simulator. It doesn't run IOS at all and just gives you a UI that contains a subset of IOS commands/features for that particular platform. I wouldn't make any conclusions about real hardware just based on what Packet Tracer does or doesn't do.
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I wish I was the first to answer this haha. It would have made me look so smart :D. I remember the CBT Nugget when Jeremy said it.

This may be kind of unrelated but definitely make sure you know the full versions of the regular commands you use for the test (that's all I can say without violating NDA) lol.