Options

Best Book

tomahawkeertomahawkeer Member Posts: 179
What have you guys found to be the best book / learning resource available take pass the Security + exam?

Comments

• Options
    MrBakerMrBaker Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm using Security+ Guide to Network Security Fundamentals w/ the lab manual. One of the better books I've seen for a cert so far.
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□

I second this, even though I don't have my S+ yet lol!
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    knwminus wrote: »
    I second this, even though I don't have my S+ yet lol!

I 3rd this, I used it as my main resource for my studies.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    I 3rd this, I used it as my main resource for my studies.

I quadruple this. That is the only book you need. :D
  • Options
    ajmatsonajmatson Member Posts: 289
    Ok I fifth this lol, I am half through Darril's book and it is easy to understand and hard to put down.
    Working on currently:
    Masters Degree Information Security and Assurance (WGU) / Estimated 06/01/2016
    Next Up: CCNP Routing Exam | Certified Ethical Hacker Exam
    Cisco Lab: ASA 5506-X, GNS3, 1x 2801 Router, 1x 2650XM, 1x 3750-48TS-E switch, 2x 3550 EMI Switches and 1x 2950T swtich.
    Juniper Lab: 1x SRX100H2, 1x J2320 (1GB Flash/1GB RAM, JunOS 11.4R7.5), and 4 JunOS Firefly vSRX Routers in VMWare ESXi 5.1
  • Options
    DanielthemanDanieltheman Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I sixed it, is that right? if it is then ok...I've read the book twice and i find it to be really good.
  • Options
    Guess that settles that lol. Thanks a bunch!
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Someone should sticky this thread :p
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    LinuxRacrLinuxRacr Member Posts: 653 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm almost halfway through Darril's book as well, and attest to how much of an easy read it is, and how well the topics are explained.
    My WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress : Transferred In|Remaining|In Progress|Completed
    AGC1, CLC1, GAC1, INC1, CTV1, INT1, BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, QLT1, HHT1, QBT1, BBC1 (39 CUs), (0 CUs) (0 CUs)
    WFV1, BNC1, EAV1, EBV1, COV1 | MGC1, IWC1 | CQV1, CNV1, IWT1, RIT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TPV1, CVV1 | EUP1, EUC1, DHV1| CUV1, C173 | BOV1, CJV1, TXP1, TXC1 | TYP1, TYC1, SBT1, RGT1 (84 CUs) DONE!
  • Options
    Not quite ready to dive into this class just yet. Im taking both my A+ exams next week, and the next month or so will be focused on Net+ but once I knock it out, im thinking hitting this. Either way, I ordered this book today, hopefully I find it as useful as the rest of you!
  • Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    my kindle pc says im 25% done with that book ... very easy read and the info seams to be spot on
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • Options
    IT_DudeIT_Dude Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Finished my Security+ course last week and ordered Darril's book. Looking forward to reviewing it and getting this exam behind me. Thanks for the tips!