Options

Which Study Videos

staub81staub81 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,
I've read FAQs and done a couple searches, but I haven't found this exact question.

I learn best through seeing... So video training is very important for me.
With that being said which is better
Trainsignal or cbtnuggets?

I know trainsignal states that they are not "all inclusive" but what about cbt? Can I watch them and pass or do I really need to get the sybex book?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    MosGuyMosGuy Member Posts: 195
    Personally for CCNA I find Jeremy & CBT Nuggets excellent. Passing with only a video series is not guaranteed. It can be possible if you go through the series in small chucks 5-10 minute sections and repeat until you have concepts down cold. It's recommended to have other resources then just video. I find CBT + Odom's books a great combination.

In a nutshell while you can get by with just video. But most people have a higher chance at passing by using a second study source. The most important thing is you need to practice with labs.
    ---
    XPS 15: i7-6700HQ, 256 pcie ssd, 32 GB RAM, 2 GB Nvidia GTX 960m, windows 10 Pro

Cert in progress: CCNA (2016 revision)
  • Options
    joe48184joe48184 Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Video and books go hand in hand and together they will benefit you very much. The majority of people find it helpful to have several sources of training material to reinforce or confirm a concept. The Wendall Odom books come with a CD that has the Boson test sim questions which are also very hepful. Point here is to get books also, you will not be disappointed.

Unfortunatly I cannot comment on which video series is better, I have never seen or used them. From what I have read on the forums it comes down to this.. Some people Find the CBT videos more beginner friendly, less dry presentations more personality in them. The Trainsignal are a little more dry in the presentation but cover the material very well. Both are good video sources.

In the end, watch the video demo each site puts out, Choose the one "you" like and then "get the books!" icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Pretty much as said above. It is not wise to rely on a single source for your information, you will find that you can verify and know much more information if you get it from a few different qualified sources. I usually roll with CBT nuggets and the books now, but Trainsignal did just fine. I just think CBT nuggets is more enjoayable to learn from.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    Nugs > *.* for CCNA training videos, IMO.
  • Options
    mtorresmtorres Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've been using both CBT nuggets and trainsignal studying for the ccent and I find trainsignal to be a little more in depth but a little more bland and cbt nuggets seems to not loose my attention.
  • Options
    mella060mella060 Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nuggets are perfect for the CCNA. As far as training videos that is all you need. Add a couple of books and a copy of Packet Tracer and you are good to go.

Trainsignal are much better when you get to the CCNP as they go way more in-depth. Nuggets are abit light on.
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I definitely say Nuggets for CCENT/CCNA :).
  • Options
    jojopramosjojopramos Member Posts: 415
    I am using CBT Nuggets by Jeremy along with CCNA Examprep book (by Jeremy Ciora also). For sim lab, i am using GNS3 and Packet Tracer 5.3. I am planning to take my exam this first week of september.
  • Options
    wireratwirerat Member Posts: 251
    mtorres wrote: »
    I've been using both CBT nuggets and trainsignal studying for the ccent and I find trainsignal to be a little more in depth but a little more bland and cbt nuggets seems to not loose my attention.
    I agree with this statement.

I would also recommend reading one of the books as well to supplement some of the things that might be missing in the videos.