Preparing for the CCENT

DondadaDondada Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,I have just finished a 36 week(1 day per week, 3.5 hrs per day) CCNA course.I am yet to sit for the exam to gain the Certification.However, I am a bit confused as to whether to go for CCNA in one go or do it in 2 parts ie ICND1 & 2?
Any advise will be welcome.

Comments

• chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Dondada wrote: »
    Hi guys,I have just finished a 36 week(1 day per week, 3.5 hrs per day) CCNA course.I am yet to sit for the exam to gain the Certification.However, I am a bit confused as to whether to go for CCNA in one go or do it in 2 parts ie ICND1 & 2?
    Any advise will be welcome.

Generally those courses are pointed at the single test CCNA option. That would probably be best unless you want your CCENT, which isn't entirely needed once you get the CCNA.

The two exam option is usually for people who want to study certain topics, get them down really well, and pass a test. Then repeat for the second test for the CCNA. The two exam option will require you to know more detail on each part, since you have 50-60 questsions or so on half of the exam topics each test. The CCNA exam, on the other hand, has 50-60 questions on the whole topic list.

1 exam route: mile wide and an inch deep.
    2 exam route: 1/2 mile wide and 2 feet deep each.

I'd still suggest the 1 exam route.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • wireratwirerat Member Posts: 251
    I agree with chmorin. You have studied for the CCNA so just go for the one test.