Study Book??

JEscottJEscott Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
I will be taking my A+ cert exams and i am just wondering if anyone has any study tips/hints? I would like to get a really good study guide or some new books any suggestions?
Thanks

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I used, and would recco the Mike Myers All-In-One book. Mike has a way to make things easy to understand, kind of like an advanced dummies book. Sybex also makes a good book as well. This site has some great, and Free Tests and Technotes.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • JEscottJEscott Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank-you for your reply. I was considering buying that book i have to other A+ text books but they are very brief and not very many diagrams. How do you feel about A+ For Dummies?
  • arrongarrong Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    the Mike Myers All-In-One book. The program at FastTrain uses this book to get their students certified, its really good book. i used it myself.
  • trashcan4trashcan4 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have been studying the mike meyers study book, and I am taking my A+ today in 2 hrs. I guess we'll see if it works... :) I heard your test score drops like 5-10% than what you would normally get if your nervous. I'm telling myself to not be nervous, but I don't think its working... icon_redface.gif
    starcraft > anything else
  • nathanamthornathanamthor Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    They have bad authors and worse editors. I found more useful free info online than I got from Groth's A+ study guide 3rd ed.
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    JEscott wrote:
    Thank-you for your reply. I was considering buying that book i have to other A+ text books but they are very brief and not very many diagrams. How do you feel about A+ For Dummies?

A+ for dummies is probably not enough to pass the exam. Although, if you read that, then read a real book, you'll probably understand it better. I would recco just reading one of the big books. They'll cover all the objectives you need to know.
    i remain, he who remains to be....