Options

question about RAM for Dell Optiplex GX520

exampasserexampasser Member Posts: 718 ■■■□□□□□□□
Can anyone confirm that the Dell Optiplex GX520 takes standard RAM (just wanted to make sure)?

I'm asking as a workplace wants to upgrade their RAM in their computers, but the tech shop that maintains their systems wants to charge them $75 for each 2 GB stick.

CORRECTION: I looked up the model and apparently it only supports up to 2 GB of RAM (according to Dell's pdf, dunno if that's the max RAM or just the max RAM option at the time) , but some sites say that it can support up to 4 GB of ram.

If it can support up to 4 GB, this so far is the most inexpensive 2 GB stick that I have found:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820141365

Comments

• Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    exampasser wrote: »
    the tech shop that maintains their systems wants to charge them $75 for each 2 GB stick.
    Speaking of which... At a previous job, I had been steadily ordering 512MB kits of SDRAM from newegg for about $50 bucks to pimp out some old PCs we still had in service. We were limited in the amount we could use on the purchasing card each month, so my manager tried to get a quote on equivalent memory from one of our vendors (CDW I think) and they came back with some ridiculous price of $150 or $200 if memory serves. After we showed them how much we had been buying it from newegg, they matched the price.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%