Options

A Little Direction

kinggeorge1987kinggeorge1987 Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey everyone,

My names Josh and I'm new to the forum here. I've had a few posts in the A+ Thread and got some good advice, so I had a few questions to the veterans of this thread.

I'm not really sure where I wanna go in IT. Im earning my Associates in NCIS /W Microsoft Systems ; I'm studying to obtain my A+ cert, and eventually I want to obtain my Net+ and Sec+ certs, over time of course. And yes I do plan on going back for my bachelors, I hit myself now for not going ahead and starting with it.I just felt like if I went ahead and got my Associates I could get into the field at a good position and be financially stable while obtaining my Bachelors.Anyway, I really enjoy installing and troubleshooting hardware, or pretty much troubleshooting anything.I have a strong interest in Network troubleshooting, and Im savvy enough to troubleshoot most problems now, without the technical knowledge of what I'm actually doing yet. I've always been a real good team player, and I dont mind attempting new things and having to learn the hard way if necessary. And like most I'm decently experienced in Office.

So my question is, what is out there for a guy like me ? Should I find a good HelpDesk job to start out in and just see where it takes me ? Of course you cant tell me what I should do, but surely someone has some insight on what I could do ? Did anyone else not really have a clue where they were going to go ? They just knew they loved the IT industry and knew they had to get in ?
Certification Goals

CompTIA A+ 701 & 702 - by December
CompTIA Network+ - by Feb 2011
CompTIA Server + - by May 2011 (At the latest)

Currently Studying
Mike Meyers - All In One Guide to A+ (60%)
Mike Meyers - All In One Guide to Network+(60%)
Network+ Guide to Networks Fifth Edition - Tamara Dean(2%)
The Complete Guide to Servers and Server+ - Micheal Graves(2%)
TestOut Labsim - Network +
TestOut Labsim - Server+