Options

Career Packs: Second Shot + discount! - Born to Learn

veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■■■□□□□□□
    +1, I'll be going in on a 5-pack soon enough!
  • Options
    shon541shon541 Member Posts: 136
    Act fast! Buy a Microsoft Certification Pack with Second Shots

Special Offers for IT Professional and Developer Careers l E-Learning Programs | Exam Offers

Sounds like a good deal.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    shon541 wrote: »
    Act fast!
    Obviously I wasn't fast enough -- good thing I was just window shopping....
    There are currently no special offers available for Microsoft Certifications. Check back for new and limited-time special offers.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    This would be excellent for someone who was, for instance going for his/her MCSE or MCITP:EA as it would give them discounts plus the free second shot if they purchase the exam vouchers in bulk. About time MS did this.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    xmalachi wrote: »
    The link in that thread works!! I guess I will do some Microsoft certification window shopping this morning after all.

Edit: Unfortunately that link is a Blog Entry that sends you to the OP's Microsoft page link -- with no special offers currently available. icon_sad.gif So much for buying a 5-pack and joining the Microsoft Certification Exam of the Month Club.
  • Options
    Wait -- that's someone's blog that sends you to you a Microsoft page that has no special offers currently available.... icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    tbgree00tbgree00 Member Posts: 553 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just cancelled my 294 and rescheduled under this. Pretty awesome that I saved almost 90 dollars total, have the rest of the MCSE paid and get second shots.

I sorta wish I had got the three pack for the 299.

Edit: I looked closer at their fuzzy math for the "discount amount" section on my receipt. They say the discount was 87.50 and the total paid was 212.50 on two tests at 125 each. I don't know how that works.
    I finally started that blog - www.thomgreene.com
  • Options
    ObdurateObdurate Member Posts: 108
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Wait -- that's someone's blog that sends you to you a Microsoft page that has no special offers currently available.... icon_sad.gif

Here is a better link:

Prometric Services: Testing and Assessment

Obdurate~
  • Options
    Okay, now the offer is there again on the MS website.... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    The Microsoft Link is Back!! Who knew shopping for Microsoft Certification deals could be so hard. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    So when you buy the 5 pack, does it just give you 5 voucher codes? I'm just wondering if you could go in with a friend and buy the 5 pack and then split it up or if the same person needs to take all 5 tests?

I ask just out of curiosity. I've got the 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, and 70-299 coming up before the end of the year, and I am sure that I will be taking something next year.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    The Microsoft Link is Back!! Who knew shopping for Microsoft Certification deals could be so hard. icon_lol.gif

Just stick with Cisco. Those fools at MS make things too hard ;)
  • Options
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    So when you buy the 5 pack, does it just give you 5 voucher codes? I'm just wondering if you could go in with a friend and buy the 5 pack and then split it up or if the same person needs to take all 5 tests?

I ask just out of curiosity. I've got the 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, and 70-299 coming up before the end of the year, and I am sure that I will be taking something next year.

I would be curious about that too. When you register for the voucher it says you need pay it in full when you register for the first test. It seems as though they will just issue you a voucher for each test that you take so I assume it won't be tied to your name.
  • Options

Why don't you merge this thread with the other one? No sense of having the same discussion going on with mostly the same people in 2 different places. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    tbgree00tbgree00 Member Posts: 553 ■■■■□□□□□□

I just bought a two pack and I paid for both tests up front minus the 15% discount. You would pay 500 today for the five pack and then enter the same voucher code every time you scheduled another test.

Here is the wording from the email:
    Please note that you must use this same voucher number for all of your exams in your exam bundle, so you will need to keep this voucher number in a safe place.
    TO SCHEDULE YOUR EXAM:
    Visit http://www.prometric.com/microsoft, click the "get started" button to schedule your exam - when prompted enter in your voucher code, (the one listed above). The price that will display on the screen will automatically include the discount of your exam bundle.
    Good luck!
    IF YOU FAIL YOUR EXAM
    YOU ARE ENTITLED TO A FREE RETAKE – A SECOND SHOT
    In order to re-take an exam, you will need to register your failed exam at:
    http://www.prometric.com/microsoft/examretake.htm?s=MSRETAKE
    After the failed exam has been validated, you will be sent a Second Shot voucher code for the failed exam. This is only required for candidates who purchased a 2, 3, 4, or 5 exam packs. Candidates who purchased a single exam voucher can use the same voucher number to retake the exam.
    Once there, you will need to enter the following information:
    1. Your original voucher number (type exactly as shown in your original confirmation email)
    2. Your exam code or number (e.g. 070680)
    3. E-Mail Address
    Enter this information when prompted and you will automatically be sent a voucher by e-mail for your second shot.
    The retake voucher is valid only for your failed exam.
    (IMPORTANT: If you have requested a voucher for just one exam, your original voucher number (the one shown in this e-mail) is the same one you will use for your second shot. Only if you have requested a 2, 3, 4 or 5 Career Pack will you need to go to: www.prometric.com/examretake and receive a new voucher number for your second shot.
    I finally started that blog - www.thomgreene.com
  • Options
    Read the FAQ on that page
    Q. Can I distribute the exams in my exam pack to others, or can anyone else use my voucher code?

A. No, neither exam packs nor voucher codes are transferable. Only the person who purchased the pack can take the exams in the pack. Each voucher must be used by the same individual. That individual does not have to be identified at the time of purchase. The individual will become associated with/tied to the voucher upon schedule.

EDIT: Upon re-reading this, it makes me laugh. The second line says that only the person who purchased the pack can use it and the last 2 lines say that the person who bought it doesn't need to be the one who uses it but rather the person who takes the first exam must take them all.
  • Options
    Why don't you merge this thread with the other one?
    Great Idea!! I think I can do that..... hopefully before my head explodes. icon_lol.gif And both threads are in General Certification....
    Note This offer is valid while supplies last. We recommend that you schedule your exam as soon as possible.
    Oooooh.... sounds like there's a limit, so the more people who buy the 5-packs for the 20% discount, the fewer exams left for everybody else, and the sooner the offer ends.

Edit: Threads merged.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■

Mike is going to Dark Side? icon_eek.gif
  • Options
    Fugazi1000Fugazi1000 Member Posts: 145
    Brilliant Offer and very timely for me! Thanks for posting.
  • Options
    arwesarwes Member Posts: 633 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ha, just got the email about this and came here to see if anyone posted about it yet! Great deal, and I'll be buying the rest of the tests to finish off my MCSE. :)
    [size=-2]Started WGU - BS IT:NDM on 1/1/13, finished 12/31/14
    Working on: Waiting on the mailman to bring me a diploma
    What's left: Graduation![/size]
  • Options
    Kind of funny that 1 exam with the second shot is $143.75, but 2 exams (each with second chance) is $212.50. (15% increase for one exam and 15% decrease for two exams)
  • Options
    Mike is going to Dark Side? icon_eek.gif
    The first non-UNIX Server I supported that ran TCP/IP was Microsoft LAN Manager. And I will admit that after I loaded Windows NT 3.51 I didn't laugh and reformat the hard drive.....
  • Options
    Kind of funny that 1 exam with the second shot is $143.75
    Yeah -- for one exam you're actually paying a premium to "buy insurance" for a free 2nd shot that you may not need.
  • Options
    Kind of funny that 1 exam with the second shot is $143.75, but 2 exams (each with second chance) is $212.50. (15% increase for one exam and 15% decrease for two exams)
    You pay for the second shot when you purchase 1 exam. MS is actually giving you more than a 15% discount if you're going to be using any second shots. It's actually a really good deal if you purchase 3 or 4 exams.
    I get my exams right now through WGU and we automatically have a second shot and the third shot is $60 if we need it. Hopefully this offer is still around when I finish WGU as I would have to jump on it. I may even get it before then.
    Do the vouchers have an expiration date?
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    willhi1979willhi1979 Member Posts: 191
    It's cool that they are doing this. I was wondering if they were going to restart second shot after the new year. I have the 293, 294, 298, and 299 left for my MCSE: Security so I'll probably be taking advantage of this.
  • Options
    earweed wrote: »
    Do the vouchers have an expiration date?

Tests need to be taken by June 30, 2011
    Note You must register, obtain a voucher code, schedule, pay, take your exams, and (if necessary) sit for the retake exams by June 30, 2011. You can only register for one exam at a time, and you cannot register for a second exam until you have taken the previous one.
  • Options
    Not really much point in me doing this if it expires. The only exams I'm planning on taking in the near future after I finish WGU are 70-652 which I already have a voucher for and possibly 70-680 and 70-685 or 686. I might just purchase the 2 (or 3 ) voucher set just to put pressure on myself to study for those 2 (or 3) tests sooner.
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The first non-UNIX Server I supported that ran TCP/IP was Microsoft LAN Manager. And I will admit that after I loaded Windows NT 3.51 I didn't laugh and reformat the hard drive.....

So in about 2 years. Mike is going to have MCP/MCTS/MCSA/MCSA:S/MCSE/MCSE:S/MCITP:SA/MCITP:EA lol. Then you will more certs than anyone. But that was your goal all along wasn't it . icon_lol.gificon_mike.gif

This looks interesting but I gotta wonder what effect this has on the value of the cert.