Options

Getting ready for my Net+

Neo66Neo66 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
hey guys im getting ready to take my net+. Anything i should be aware of and what things should i focus in on.

Comments

• Options
    reloadedreloaded Member Posts: 235
    I'd say focus on practical troubleshooting, OSI model, and ports. If you've got a handle on those, you should be fine, at least for the most part. Just make sure you have good knowledge of the Net+ material overall...it's not that hard, but they might throw in something you won't expect a couple times. It's pretty straight forward.
    Reloaded~4~Ever
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    This link was posted in an another thread.....

Networking Essentials
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    well thanks....i moved from florida to NJ and all my books are still in florida but i plan on buying net+ for dummies.....lol i used A+ for dummies to pass my A+ and the dummies series broke it down and made it easier than my net+ book from school
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    If you haven't done it already, go to comptia.com and check out the Objectives for the Network+ exam to make sure that you get everything covered in your studies.

Best of luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    thanks alot....i checked out comptia's site and they pretty much made it clear on what the test covers....but as we all know that it isnt always that easy...so ill just study as much as i can and cover as much as i can so i dont get any surprises lol icon_eek.gificon_twisted.gificon_evil.gificon_redface.gificon_cry.gif:Dicon_sad.gificon_sad.gif
  • Options
    MooshMoosh Inactive Imported Users Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just passed Network+ on Friday. I would spend a lot of time concentrating on troubleshooting type questions. There were quite a few questions where they showed pictures of networks and you had to answer questions about why one computer could not talk to another and questions along those lines.
  • Options
    well congrats......troubleshooting wasnt too much of a problem when i was in school...im pretty good at it...so ill keep that in mind....guess ill have to have someone fool around with my network configurations for some possible scenerios