Options

Anyone use Puremail?

rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
II recently switched to using Puremail from Postini as they are better priced for the SMB market. Has anyone else used them and if so how would you rate their service and uptime?

*We are using them for their anti-spam & anti-virus screening.

Comments

• Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    We have a handful of our customers running through our in-house Barracuda. That thing is a beast.

Havn't tried any third party scanners like that which arent directly controlled in-house. Our other clients tend to use Symantec SMCSFDFJDFDFS Exchange anti-spam.
  • Options
    rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    We have a handful of our customers running through our in-house Barracuda. That thing is a beast.

Havn't tried any third party scanners like that which arent directly controlled in-house. Our other clients tend to use Symantec SMCSFDFJDFDFS Exchange anti-spam.

There is definitely an advantage to being able to immediately respond and remedy any problems with your anti-spam solution. That (and cost) would be the primary reason I would switch to a hardware self-managed device. The only problem is, I don't need more devices to manage/update/worry about which is why the hosting thing is an advantage, especially since I work in a small company. Nice to hear what others use though.
  • Options
    it_consultantit_consultant Member Posts: 1,903
    We went from postini to a Watchguard XCS box and its fantastic.