Options

Password Reset

ArmonasiaArmonasia Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
I studying for CCNA and am setting up a lab. I am using a Cisco 1721 router in my test environment. I do not know the password for en mode. I am only able to successfully get into user mode. Do I have to be in priv exec mode to reset priv password? Can I reset to factory defaults without being in priv exec mode if that is what it comes down to? If yes, how do I reset this router back to factory defaults?

Thank Ya Very Much!!

Comments

• Options
    ks.muralidhara92ks.muralidhara92 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Armonasia wrote: »
    I studying for CCNA and am setting up a lab. I am using a Cisco 1721 router in my test environment. I do not know the password for en mode. I am only able to successfully get into user mode. Do I have to be in priv exec mode to reset priv password? Can I reset to factory defaults without being in priv exec mode if that is what it comes down to? If yes, how do I reset this router back to factory defaults?

Thank Ya Very Much!!
    Hey Enter into the ROMMON Mode there you can reset the password if it is Cisco device....icon_study.gif
  • Options
    JSKJSK Member Posts: 166
  • Options
    SomnipotentSomnipotent Member Posts: 384
    Armonasia wrote: »

Thank Ya Very Much!!

google is your friend bro... and yes, it also appears that your question was answered in an earlier post.

just send a break command when starting up your router to enter rommon... from there enter

rommon 1> confreg 0x142
    rommon 2> reset

once restarted:

Router>en
    Router#erase start-up config
    Router#conf t
    Router(Config)#conf register 0x2012
    Router(Config)#end
    Router#copy run start
    Router#reload
    Reading: Internetworking with TCP/IP: Principles, Protocols, and Architecture (D. Comer)