Options

Free Server 2008 R2 e-book

earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
Windows Server 2008 Training and Learning Courses | Training Portal

Just downloaded it. It's not very big but looks like it may be pretty good.

Scroll down about halfway to find the link
No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.

Comments

• Options
    skylineskyline Member Posts: 135
    icon_thumright.gif
    Goals for '11
    MCITP: EA
    ITIL
    CCNA

Studying:
    MS press book 70-680
  • Options
    estamandestamand Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    icon_thumright.gif Thank you for this! Time for some more icon_study.gif
  • Options
    arwesarwes Member Posts: 633 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks! Would rep you but apparently I have to spread it around or something. icon_sad.gif
    [size=-2]Started WGU - BS IT:NDM on 1/1/13, finished 12/31/14
    Working on: Waiting on the mailman to bring me a diploma
    What's left: Graduation![/size]
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I knew there was a reason for giving you an unsolicited LinkedIn recommendation! :)

My PeopleSoft Production servers by 02/2011 will be on W2K8 R2 boxes. This PDF will be very helpful in going over some stuff I might not be familiar with.

Just today I had to setup one of my App Servers as a Web Server just to install .NET 3.5 SP1 so that Tuxedo 11gR1 would install. I had to Google the solution to that minor problem. (2008 R2 comes with it already, but you have to make the server a web server just to install it). I only installed the minimal components I needed just to get .NET on there. Then disabled the services as they would never be needed.

Seriously EW, thanks for this. I plan on printing this at work in the next couple of days after I'm done with Sec+. I would also rep you, but I still have to show some love....lmao! :D