Options

Mta?

I did not see any postings about these new Microsoft certs:

Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) Certifications - Computer Science Teacher - Thoughts and Information from Alfred Thompson - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

official page:

Microsoft Technology Associate

any thoughts? sorry if I missed it somewhere else, I did a search for MTA and it came up with nothing
Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    There has been a mention or 2 on here I've seen. This forum is so busy that it' hard to find stuff sometime. MTA certs are entry level certs that not a lot of people here would probably recommend.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    earweed wrote: »
    ... MTA certs are entry level certs that not a lot of people here would probably recommend.

I actually would (& do) recommend them, maybe not to the experience IT Pro. But to the entry level and newly employed IT staff.

-Ken
  • Options
    ssampierssampier Member Posts: 224
    I must have reading too many Linux/Unix books, my first thought: 'MTA? What does a Mail Transfer Agent have to do with Certifications?!'

:D
    Future Plans:

JNCIA Firewall
    CCNA:Security
    CCNP

More security exams and then the world.
  • Options
    ajmatsonajmatson Member Posts: 289
    ssampier wrote: »
    I must have reading too many Linux/Unix books, my first thought: 'MTA? What does a Mail Transfer Agent have to do with Certifications?!'

:D

Ha Ha I did too :)
    Working on currently:
    Masters Degree Information Security and Assurance (WGU) / Estimated 06/01/2016
    Next Up: CCNP Routing Exam | Certified Ethical Hacker Exam
    Cisco Lab: ASA 5506-X, GNS3, 1x 2801 Router, 1x 2650XM, 1x 3750-48TS-E switch, 2x 3550 EMI Switches and 1x 2950T swtich.
    Juniper Lab: 1x SRX100H2, 1x J2320 (1GB Flash/1GB RAM, JunOS 11.4R7.5), and 4 JunOS Firefly vSRX Routers in VMWare ESXi 5.1
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    NinjaBoy wrote: »
    I actually would (& do) recommend them, maybe not to the experience IT Pro. But to the entry level and newly employed IT staff.

-Ken
    I actually would for the newcomer just as I recommend the CompTIA 3 for newcomers. They wont carry a lot of weight on a resume though.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    IMO MCSE or MCITP can be achieved by beginners too if they put effort and study into it so why bother the money and the effort for entry level certs ?.

I know that they say you should have at least one year of work with windows before you can study for them but who doesn't ?