Passed Sec+ Today

K_RichK_Rich Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
Wanted to thank everyone for the insight to this test. I have used this site as a resource for info leading up to the test today.

I personally felt the test was easier than what I was expecting. My score of 814 does not reflect that but I think I second guessed myself on the dozen or so questions that I marked. But passing is PASSING.

The study resources I used was Trainsignal and Mind Leaders(company provided) for CBT's and for books I used the Sybex Sec+ Dlx Ed. and Darril Gibson's book. Of all the material I used, hands down Darril's book kept my interest and had a good flow of information. I know Darril reads this forum and I just want to say thank you for your efforts.

I am going to go with the Net+ next(I know that is somewhat backwards by Comptia standards) , but I really felt that I am already strong on the network side and wanted the challenge of the Sec+ first.

Thanks Agian!! :)icon_cheers.gif:)icon_cheers.gif

Comments

• ResevenReseven Member Posts: 237 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratz!!!

A pass is a pass :)

You should have no problem with the Net+.
    Pain Gauge - my electro-industrial music project
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the pass!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • TrainSignalEricTrainSignalEric Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on the new cert. Good luck with Network+. I believe that is a harder test, but since you covered some of the stuff in security+ there should be a small amount of review.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    K_Rich wrote: »
    Wanted to thank everyone for the insight to this test. I have used this site as a resource for info leading up to the test today.

Of all the material I used, hands down Darril's book kept my interest and had a good flow of information. I know Darril reads this forum and I just want to say thank you for your efforts.

Congratulations, and thank you for the kind words.

Best of luck on the Network+.

Darril Gibson
    Author: CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead
    ISBN-10: 1439236364
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • cbsharpe0824cbsharpe0824 Member Posts: 153
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Congrats on the new cert. Good luck with Network+. I believe that is a harder test, but since you covered some of the stuff in security+ there should be a small amount of review.

Oh really? So, the net + is harder than the security +? I just passed the net + on Monday and I plan on getting my security + before the end of the year..and if what you said is the case, then that is good to know!
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Oh really? So, the net + is harder than the security +? I just passed the net + on Monday and I plan on getting my security + before the end of the year..and if what you said is the case, then that is good to know!

In my opinion it was, but I also already have a degree in computer forensics, so there were a lot of things that were review. If you're someone that has been through some cisco classes, you might find the reverse to be true.

Pick up Darril's book and you will be done with Sec+ in no time.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • TravlerTravler Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! And thanks for letting us know which study guides you used.
  • rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
  • Ivanr4g63Ivanr4g63 Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats... It feels good to pass doesn't it!

I'm really thinking about getting this one next, but I think I'll go straight to the Cisco side once i'm done with my current studies and pass my test at hand. Congrats though Good JOB!