Options

Ten years ago I got a CCSA after studying an outdated manual the night before...

6 months after I had last touched a Check Point firewall (for two years though, Check Point had been my life at work but it's now been over 10 years).

Granted, I am sure much has changed but how easy should it be to get one again? I've done some of the online questions and frankly, they seem to all look the same as they did 10 years ago! Maybe they are all outdated though.

I am working on a CCNA currently but was thinking brushing up on Check Point enough to get certified might help too - unless the test is much more difficult. Anyone taken one of the older tests and can compare?
OK, I confess, I do have one certification. I am an ACIA - Arcsight Certified Integrator/Administrator. But it's awarded for attending the class. Woot. And while it's a fine skill to have, my interests lay elsewhere.

Comments

• Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    6 months after I had last touched a Check Point firewall (for two years though, Check Point had been my life at work but it's now been over 10 years).

Granted, I am sure much has changed but how easy should it be to get one again? I've done some of the online questions and frankly, they seem to all look the same as they did 10 years ago! Maybe they are all outdated though.

I am working on a CCNA currently but was thinking brushing up on Check Point enough to get certified might help too - unless the test is much more difficult. Anyone taken one of the older tests and can compare?

I have used checkpoint on and off since the year 2000. I never took the tests but I think if you get familiar with the latest products on the checkpoint website, download an evaluation and work the pdfs and some practice tests you should be fine for the exam. Not sure if it covers things like IPSO upgrades though (which would be useful in the field).
  • Options
    SubnettingGoddessSubnettingGoddess Member Posts: 108
    Thanks...will do!
    OK, I confess, I do have one certification. I am an ACIA - Arcsight Certified Integrator/Administrator. But it's awarded for attending the class. Woot. And while it's a fine skill to have, my interests lay elsewhere.