Options

Passed Yesterday With Your Help -- Scored 827

diwakarcdiwakarc Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Guys, I just wanted to take a moment to Thank You for all your postings and participations in the last couple of months. It has certainly helped me.

Little background about me – I’ve about 10yrs exp in IT, mostly in S/W design, development and testing. Not much experience in Admin. Or N/W. I’ve Bachelor’s in Computer Science and I’m currently working on my Masters in Information Security and Management at the Carnegie Mellon. I intend to complete by Summer 2012. I'm currenly on break this summer, so I decided to take Security+

Materials Used for Exam – ONLY Darril’s, and TechExam Notes from this site, but took end-of-chapter assessments in Sybex book.

Basic Strategy – Read every chapter in Darril’s book and took the end-of-chapter test – and repeated the same. And I wanted to take 2 more tests – did that through CompTIA site and Sybex Book (assessments and end-of-chapter) I did not read Sybex, just used it for questions.

Time Spent – 8 Weeks, about 1 – 2 hrs a day.

Cost – $258 + $38

Other Readings -- Along the way in last 2 months, I picked up and read -- Winners Brain, Free to Choose, and Rising Powers Shrinking Planet. While the later two may not be of intrest to many. The first choice (Winners Brain) could be excellent read for you exam aspirants -- to tune your brain to succeed.

Thanks Again!!

Attached – Some Stats.

Comments