SCSI on A+

GolgadeGolgade Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,
I am in the middle of studing for 220-701, and I was wondering if SCSI is covered in the test? Its not in the Objectives, but I have seen it on a few study tests. Does anyone know for sure?
Thanks
Dan

Comments

• Michael.J.PalmerMichael.J.Palmer Member Posts: 407 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If it's not on the objectives then you may not need to worry about it. Me personally I don't remember much in the way of SCSI but that doesn't mean you wouldn't see anything, the test engines are pretty deep for A+.

Just know what it is and the difference between SCSI, PATA, and SATA and you should be fine. Keep in mind the 701/702 are 2009 updates to an exam system that updates every 3 years so the newer technology is definitely something you want to study, but also keep in mind that with every 3 years they also remove old objectives from the objective list, case in point, 2009 objectives for Windows cover Windows 2000, XP, and Vista mainly where 2006 may have included NT and 98 or 95.

Welcome to TE btw!
    -Michael Palmer
    WGU Networks BS in IT - Design & Managment (2nd Term)
    Transfer: BAC1,BBC1,CLC1,LAE1,INC1,LAT1,AXV1,TTV1,LUT1,INT1,SSC1,SST1,TNV1,QLT1,ABV1,AHV1,AIV1,BHV1,BIV1
    Required Courses: EWB2, WFV1, BOV1, ORC1, LET1, GAC1, HHT1, TSV1, IWC1, IWT1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CPW3.
    Key: Completed, WIP, Still to come
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I spent a lot of time studying SCSI for my A+, but I took the 2006 version. They may have removed it for the new version. It never hurts to learn an overview of SCSI, how things get chained, and which ID has priority.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Michael.J.PalmerMichael.J.Palmer Member Posts: 407 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I forgot to mention this before, I did study SCSI chains, mainly keeping in mind how to ensure I've got a termination at the end of the chain. Just study the basics on it (shouldn't eat up too much of your time) and you'll be fine if you see a question or two regarding SCSI.
    -Michael Palmer
    WGU Networks BS in IT - Design & Managment (2nd Term)
    Transfer: BAC1,BBC1,CLC1,LAE1,INC1,LAT1,AXV1,TTV1,LUT1,INT1,SSC1,SST1,TNV1,QLT1,ABV1,AHV1,AIV1,BHV1,BIV1
    Required Courses: EWB2, WFV1, BOV1, ORC1, LET1, GAC1, HHT1, TSV1, IWC1, IWT1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CPW3.
    Key: Completed, WIP, Still to come