Options

WAN topics on CCNA?

Sam0))Sam0)) Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Can anyone tell me if ATM is on the CCNA now, or even better yet provide me with a link to the current cisco objectives? I googled "cisco objectives and got this link: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/learning/le3/current_exams/640-801.html

This lists one of the objectives as "Implement simple WAN protocols"- Not very descriptive.

Im looking for specific protocols etc. If anyone can help me out, Id really appreciate it!

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I don't know the answer, but I do know you need to fix your link. The word "that" at the end needs to go.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    The objectives for the current Cisco exams are indeed not very descriptive. You could go to the Cisco press website and check out the index of the CCNA certification guides. It is basically a detailed list of the things that can be on the exam.
  • Options
    BadersaudBadersaud Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ATM it is WAN Support protocols used Frame Relay,
    ISDN, LAPB, HDLC, PPP, and ATM

Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM) providing
    simultaneous transmission of voice, video, and data. ATM uses cells
  • Options
    NocturnalNocturnal Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Simple WAN protocols means you need to know PPP, HDLC, and Frame Relay. Don't worry too much abou ATM. Just remember that it transmits 48-byte cells. There isn't even an indexed entry of it in the ICND book.
    ATM=cell switch. I wouldn't worry too much more about it; it's more of a WAN backbone implementation, which you'll deal with more in the CCNP track.
    "...a long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right,..."
    --Tom Paine
  • Options
    tunerXtunerX Member Posts: 447 ■■■□□□□□□□
    48 byte payload 5 byte header.