Options

Intel to acquire McAfee for $7.68 billion

2»

Comments

• Options
    Michael.J.PalmerMichael.J.Palmer Member Posts: 407 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have to do a lot of rogue antivirus removals at work, those things are a pain in the ass. The only way to even get a leg up on them is to run a couple of AV programs that can run via safe mode with cmd. After that I'll hit the PC's with about three more different anti-spyware/virus scans, obviously gotta uncheck the proxy server setting it sets when they install (which I do before I do most of the scans anyways), and then follow that up with checking the hosts files within the %systemroot%\drivers\etc folder to make sure they didn't add any conditional forwards for domains to different IPs (I found one that did do this, it pretty much forwarded every google and yahoo domain to an IP containing the starting spyware for the fake AV again).

I guess that's my way of confirming that those things do "take longer to remove", icon_razz.gif.
    -Michael Palmer
    WGU Networks BS in IT - Design & Managment (2nd Term)
    Transfer: BAC1,BBC1,CLC1,LAE1,INC1,LAT1,AXV1,TTV1,LUT1,INT1,SSC1,SST1,TNV1,QLT1,ABV1,AHV1,AIV1,BHV1,BIV1
    Required Courses: EWB2, WFV1, BOV1, ORC1, LET1, GAC1, HHT1, TSV1, IWC1, IWT1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CPW3.
    Key: Completed, WIP, Still to come