Cisco Catalyst 3560-8PC

thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
Would this be good with a 3550 as well.
I am wondering will this switch let me cover all the topics on the CCNP Switch test?
CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Almost -- you'll still probably have to wing it on the supervisor redundancy topic unless you want to add a chassis based switch to your lab.

Make sure it has the IP Services IOS and not just the IP Base IOS.

The lack of port count would only be an issue for a CCIE Lab where you'd have to do some mental gymnastics and work-a-rounds to run the 3rd party vendor labs.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CCIE is down the road. I will look into getting this first. I just want to get these two switches just for now. I might have a new switch from work soon.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • burbankmarcburbankmarc Member Posts: 460
    The 8 port isn't sufficient if you want to use INE for the CCIE. The INE topology requires at least 24 ports for your 3560s.

INE’s New CCIE R&S v4.0 Topology | CCIE Blog
  • TrifidwTrifidw Member Posts: 281
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Almost -- you'll still probably have to wing it on the supervisor redundancy topic unless you want to add a chassis based switch to your lab.

Does it really matter that much? The redundancy stuff is very simple and can't really go wrong. I had installed 2 4510R-E chassis with dual sups a couple of months before I started my BCMSN and gave it a thorough test before they went into production.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Trifidw wrote: »
    Does it really matter that much?
    No.

The cost of adding a chassis based switch for the supervisor redundancy topic in the blueprint is probably not worth it. The commands are in the book and are simple and easily memorized -- and also easily overlooked during study.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!