Options

Help! Thanks

security techsecurity tech Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

I am a little shaky on application security, can someone provide clarification on the items below?

Active X
Java
Scripting
SMTP open relays

Thanks Again!!!

Comments

• Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • Options
    DoubleDDoubleD Member Posts: 273 ■□□□□□□□□□
    disable open relays on the smtp server
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Darril's book goes into what open relays are and why they should not be left open. He doesn't cover the other stuff as much, but he does say what they are and what the risks are to having them enabled.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Darril's book goes into what open relays are and why they should not be left open. He doesn't cover the other stuff as much, but he does say what they are and what the risks are to having them enabled.
    +1 That's the depth you need to know about these for the exam.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Never asked for anyone to do research for me.....I did research and I still wasn't clear. But forget I asked...I thought someone could break it down a little better. From the responses I can see, that I didn't get the help...But no worries, I will get the info elsewhere.

Please the insults are not necessary on this forum. Mostly everyone on this forum is positive and upbuilding.

Thanks again!
  • Options
    Thanks to everyone who provided me with links.
  • Options
    earweed wrote: »
    +1 That's the depth you need to know about these for the exam.

Oh, I thought it was more i need to know. From some of the practice exams, they went into a little more depth...Thanks for your response. I will review Darrill's book again.
  • Options
    Devilsbane wrote: »

Thanks Devilsbane.
  • Options
    DoubleD wrote: »
    disable open relays on the smtp server

Thanks.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Never asked for anyone to do research for me.....I did research and I still wasn't clear. But forget I asked...I thought someone could break it down a little better. From the responses I can see, that I didn't get the help...But no worries, I will get the info elsewhere.

Please the insults are not necessary on this forum. Mostly everyone on this forum is positive and upbuilding.

Thanks again!

I'm certainly not trying to get you to go else where. When I see a list of items without any specifics I get the idea that the OP wants me to do all the research.
  • Options
    I'm certainly not trying to get you to go else where. When I see a list of items without any specifics I get the idea that the OP wants me to do all the research.

No worries. I am not leaving this forum, it's too beneficial. Enjoy your night:)
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Depending on what you use for practice exams, from what TE is taught me, the depth from the practice exams is harder than the actual exam. I believe this is designed to force you to know a GOOD deal of the material to get you to pass the real thing.

because in the end, a 65% on Transceders is not exactly worse than a 750 on Security+ (the minimum for a pass). Though Transcenders have been giving me 85% now thanks to Darril!
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yeah the practice tests are actually harder and more in depth than the actual test.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    erpadmin wrote: »
    Depending on what you use for practice exams, from what TE is taught me, the depth from the practice exams is harder than the actual exam. I believe this is designed to force you to know a GOOD deal of the material to get you to pass the real thing.

because in the end, a 65% on Transceders is not exactly worse than a 750 on Security+ (the minimum for a pass). Though Transcenders have been giving me 85% now thanks to Darril!

Thanks for the heads up. i will keep that in mind now. I appreicate your advice.
  • Options
    earweed wrote: »
    Yeah the practice tests are actually harder and more in depth than the actual test.

Ah gotcha. thanks!