Options

Anyone else getting a slew of interview calls?? (NY)

RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
I dont know how I am doing it but I had about 5 interviews alone the last 2 weeks...I just getting a shitload of phone calls/emails almost every day! I think I have become overwhelmed with this but I kind of like having the callbacks for interviews. Hopefully one or two call me back saying I got the position. I had one this morning as well (they asked for a second interview sometime this week! awesome) and I have one tomorrow morning in midtown, and I have to call another employer back to schedule another one. Strange though, some of these jobs are jobs applied to months ago but I am just getting the calls now...does that mean anything? Also, is this happening to anyone else??

Comments

• Options
    thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have had two the last two days. I just started putting my resume out there. Waiting on a position at work as well.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • Options
    BocaRatonITBocaRatonIT Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've had to turn down some interviews for sales positions, at companies I applied for IT work at. I was offered a job at my first interview since I actively started looking because I had a few new certifications.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I just finished a phone interview and have a different interview for Wednesday and then have to take a test Sat for a different job I applied to. Hopefully one of them works out for me.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    ipconfig.allipconfig.all Banned Posts: 428
    On average I get around 2 interviews (face to face) a month, but none hires me cause they don't like me and I have no luck and im very ugly. (true) no joking.
  • Options
    howiehandleshowiehandles Member Posts: 148
    I'm just getting back into I.T., and have been looking for work for quite awhile, but this past week has been good. I have an in person interview tomorrow, and another recruiter has sent my info for another contract job, better pay, shorter contract, but a longer commute.

Either way, I'm not going to be picky. I need a job, and I'll take the first offer. I play on finished up my certs by the end of the year, especially the Comptia ones, and will continue looking, even though I know 4th quarter isn't always the best time to look.

Its amazing that when you're in the field and not looking for something new, that's when you get the most calls. At least that was my experience previously in I.T.
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    When I was looking for a job recently there was a TON of upstate NY tech jobs. I was blown away because when I went to Rochester on business it looked pretty bleak.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Paul Boz wrote: »
    When I was looking for a job recently there was a TON of upstate NY tech jobs. I was blown away because when I went to Rochester on business it looked pretty bleak.

There is a difference between Upstate NY (where Rochester is) and NYC (mostly Manhattan). Literally night and day in everything...including jobs. To give you an idea, Rochester is about 5-6 hours away from NYC...it's closer to Buffalo, Syracuse and Canada. Also, you have to consider that NYC will offer more jobs than Rochester just for the sheer size of it.
  • Options
    dairou18dairou18 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just started sending my resume out, looking to break into the field finally. 1 interview last week and 1 phone interview today and also 2 more tomorrow when I call them back. Interesting how I got nothing for a month and all of a sudden 3 hits in one day.
  • Options
    Johnta20Johnta20 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    On average I get around 2 interviews (face to face) a month, but none hires me cause they don't like me and I have no luck and im very ugly. (true) no joking.

And you never will as long as you have a mindset like this. You've got to have confidence in yourself before anyone will hire you. You must be doing something right to land the interviews, when some of us are struggling to get one a month. And please pay attention to your spelling and grammar. Salary not salery. Not trying to be mean just giving some tough love. Where are you from anyway?
  • Options
    TheMechanicTheMechanic Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I had a ton of interviews, the NYC market is in good condition for us IT guys.
    Needs 100K