Options

SECURITY +

TURTLEGIRLTURTLEGIRL Member Posts: 361
I have so much study material, I'm still trying to figure which is best? exam cram 2, syngress, tcat, testout etc.

I also want to try for C.E.H but don't know what my chances are and how long it would take to study?!.
If you don't know 24 then you don't know Jack!

Comments

• Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    I would use Tcat's book/pdf as your primary study resource, but that is ultimately up to you.

As for the CEH cert. I would definately wait until you pass Security+. The CEH exam covers quite a bit of material. If you begin studying for it right after you finish Sec+, you should be just fine.
  • Options
    Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    /usr wrote:
    I would use Tcat's book/pdf as your primary study resource, but that is ultimately up to you.

As for the CEH cert. I would definately wait until you pass Security+. The CEH exam covers quite a bit of material. If you begin studying for it right after you finish Sec+, you should be just fine.

I agree....The CEH will take the theory that you learned in Security+ (plus a lot more) and apply it......So, you will go from reading about firewalking, smurf, LC5, and SMB Die...to using them or knowing how to carry them out....which will give you a better idea of how to defend against them....
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • Options
    reloadedreloaded Member Posts: 235
    How does everyone feel about Myers' Passport series of cert books? I loved the Net+ one, but everyone on Amazon is saying his Sec+ passport book is bad. I wanna start studying for Sec+, but I'm undecided on study materials. I'm already taking 12 hours of networking classes this semester, studying for CCNA, and working full time. So I guess I want something good, I don't really have time to be phishing (hehe) for study materials. Thanks. icon_cool.gif
    Reloaded~4~Ever
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    TCat's pdf/book. This is the best study material for the exam. Other books are good as a secondary method of study, but are usually lacking in some area.
  • Options
    Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    reloaded wrote:
    How does everyone feel about Myers' Passport series of cert books? I loved the Net+ one, but everyone on Amazon is saying his Sec+ passport book is bad. I wanna start studying for Sec+, but I'm undecided on study materials. I'm already taking 12 hours of networking classes this semester, studying for CCNA, and working full time. So I guess I want something good, I don't really have time to be phishing (hehe) for study materials. Thanks. icon_cool.gif

I did not like the Passport for the Security+ test.
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA