Options

Upcoming Forefront certifications - Who's interested?

It looks like there are some upcoming certifications for various Forefront products

70-157
TS: Microsoft Forefront Network Security, Configuring
premeditated Release-Date: October 20, 2010
70-158
TS: Microsoft Forefront Identity & Access Management, Configuring
premeditated Release-Date: October 22, 2010
70-159
TS: Microsoft Forefront Secure Messaging and Collaboration, Configuring
premeditated Release-Date: October 29, 2010

70-157 covers the Forefront Threat Management Gateway product (the successor to ISA Server). I was planning on doing 70-351 for ISA 2006, but i think ill just do the TMG exam since the ISA tests are expiring.

I may also do the Forefront Identity & Access Management test. We used Quest ActiveRoles Server at my last job and it looks like Forefront IAM is stepping up to compete. Those types of products interest me and seem to be in a product where most people don't know how to use them, but large companies need them.

Anyone else planning on doing any of these?

Comments

• Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Unfortunately they aren't doing any MCITP: Security or anything like that icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm planning to do one of them gotta look at them in details though. I already passed 70-350 but long time ago.
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    70-157 for me. If they create a MCITP:Security, I might just gather enough motivation to go for the full monty.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    DThomassenDThomassen Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am interested in all three of these exams. Time to find and then hit the books, in addiditon to all the other stuff I have planned (Windows 7, CCNP, MCM)
  • Options
    jyrki.arpiainenjyrki.arpiainen Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    It looks like there are some upcoming certifications for various Forefront products
    70-158 TS: Microsoft Forefront Identity & Access Management, Configuring
    ---clip---
    Anyone else planning on doing any of these?

I am concidering 70-158 but i have not found valid practice test for it. They advertise MeasureUp and Selftestsoftware at the
    TS: Forefront Identity Manager 2010, Configuring
    -page but when i searched those from their sites i couldn't find any.

At least those links at "Microsoft Online Resources" seems to be useful. I already downloaded some videos and articles about the topic.
    Somehow i still prefer typical MSpress book and it's CD which contains that practice test..