Options

Hello !!

Burdette121Burdette121 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
First of all I want to say this forum is so helpful and full of helpful people and very good information.

Second of all I was wanting to see if I could get some guidance on what certification I should tackle next ?

I currently hold Network plus, Security plus, and A plus certs. I am deploying overseas for one year where I will hold the position as a Sharepoint administrator for one year. I will have alot of time on my hands where I would like to study for a prestige certification one that actually takes about a year to study for.

Thanks Chris

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'm kind of biased toward MS but why not get your MCITP:EA.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    it purely depends on which direction you want to head. so figure that out too. if its sys admin type then MS/linux certs. networking things like cisco and juniper. the list could go on.

What area do you see yourself in? Maybe certified in sharepoint would be a good start considering the hands on you'll get ;)
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Deploying where? Military?
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    thanks for the suggestions and advice..

yes deploying military I cant exactly say where I am going but where I will be I will be the sharepoint administrator for the whole FOB (fort operating base)
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    thanks for the suggestions and advice..

yes deploying military I cant exactly say where I am going but where I will be I will be the sharepoint administrator for the whole FOB (fort operating base)

Good luck man! You should have plenty of time to study over there. I know I had quite a bit of down time. I'm guessing you are a 25B since you will be doing sharepoint stuff. I'd suggest the MCITP:EA also if you are looking to stay on the server side once you get out.

And fyi, the F in FOB is Forward not Fort.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Good luck man! You should have plenty of time to study over there. I know I had quite a bit of down time. I'm guessing you are a 25B since you will be doing sharepoint stuff. I'd suggest the MCITP:EA also if you are looking to stay on the server side once you get out.

And fyi, the F in FOB is Forward not Fort.
    They probably didn't tell him what the F stood for so as to not scare him..lol
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    haha i never knew that was forward lol.. yes 25B but potentially a WOC if everything works out for me