Options

What do you wear to work?

Comments

• Options
    rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    pitviper wrote: »
    Shirt, tie, and khakis while in the office, polo/khakis on-site, on the road, and or on Fridays.

You guys don't do Hawaiian shirt day on Fridays? (I'd kill myself)

Actually I've been known to break out a Hawaiian shirt on Friday (or a bowling style shirt) :)
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    subl1m1nal wrote: »
    Also get to wear jeans if we donate to a cause, but I don't do that.

And I'm jealous of you jeans and polo types. That's what I'd want to wear.

We can wear jeans on Fridays and if you donate at least $10/month of your pay check to a charity you can wear jeans on Monday as well. I think slacks are more comfortable so even though I toss $20/month to the American Heart Association I still wear slacks five days a week.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    If my boss has behaved himself: pants.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Most of the year, button down collared shirt, with slacks/khakis and black loafers (Rockports.....so comfortable... :) ). When there is an "occasion" sometimes I bust out the suit but those aren't too often.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    pitviper wrote: »
    You guys don't do Hawaiian shirt day on Fridays? (I'd kill myself)

One guy I used to work with did every day. He left a few top buttons undone so you could get a nice glimpse of chest hair. He also drove a purple PT Cruiser. I think there were bodies in the trunk.

Jeans and T-shirts at the office, or dress clothes and a tie while on-site with customers.
  • Options
    dalesdales Member Posts: 225
    proper work black trousers button up short sleeved shirts (black shirt monday and blue shirt fridays), dont do ties cant stand them round my neck and safety boots.
    Kind Regards
    Dale Scriven

Twitter:dscriven
    Blog: vhorizon.co.uk
  • Options
    Local-IT-DudeLocal-IT-Dude Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I usually dress pretty good. No jeans, occasional tie.
  • Options
    powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,666 ■■■■■■■■□□
    A suit is standard attire. We were recently allowed to ditch the tie and jacket on Friday's. However, with the nearly mile walk in the parking lot and the heat, I have been ditching the jacket as often as possible.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Tan pants, polo or button up shirt, black leather shoes when seeing clients. No tie
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    shorts, t-shirt, flip flops. It was only 3 weeks ago that I broke my streak of 55 consecutive weeks of flip-flops every day. Only happened because closed-toe shoes are mandatory on helicopters here, but wound up sticking with the commuter plane. D'oh! Back on the flip flop wagon now.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Dress pants and button downs or oxfords.
  • Options
    genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
    Chaps and a thong....

seriously though, t-shirt and shorts every day until it gets too cold for shorts. After that it's jeans and hoodies. In my company everyone dresses business casual but one day I just said screw it and started dressing real relaxed. It's kind of become my trademark now and nobody minds. :)
    1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012
  • Options
    RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    When I HAD a job I usually wore a polo and khakis or a dress shirt (company name on it) and khaki's

Once in a while they would ask me to wear a suit to impress visitors or someone higher up dropping by.
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Jeans and a polo or button up...I used to wear nicer clothes but after crawling under a few bars to trace out lines, I stick with the $13 walmart jeans, I go through 2 or 3 pairs a year.
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    trousers and shirt apart from casual fridays. I can also get away with being dressed down for the odd day or two but not every day.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    mark_s0mark_s0 Member Posts: 82 ■■■□□□□□□□
    trousers and shirt, no tie with no casual friday's or aircon in the building icon_sad.gif

I would prefer to wear a polo shirt but due to the heavy customer environment, it is a smart dress culture.

I'm jealous of you short wearer's!
  • Options
    AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 509 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My first desktop support gig was at a UC campus and I just wore whatever was comfortable like jeans/shorts, t-shirt, hoodie, and skate shoes.

Did IT support at the corporate headquarters for a large energy company who supplies you all with gasoline for your automobiles and I had to wear a collared shirt and slacks everyday. I still wore skate shoes though. Fridays were jeans days.

Current job in a datacenter graveyard shift where I may or may not get a little dirty so I just wear clothing that I don't normally wear or that would have been tossed in the donate pile.
  • Options
    sidsanderssidsanders Member Posts: 217 ■■■□□□□□□□
    vendor supplied shirts. no dress code. my boss has been breaking out the shorts all summer.
    GO TEAM VENTURE!!!!
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Trousers and a shirt generally, don't bother with the tie though.

Friday it's casual so jeans and t-shirts
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    The word trouser always makes me laugh for some reason.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Jeans or shorts + a T-Shirt 99% of the time. we dont deal with external customers and as all the lab staff get to wear what they want, there is no dress code on site.

If I knwo external people are comming in, or there is a project meeting with heads of departments then shirt and trousers. But even then most of them come in jeans.

I like the casual dress code, personal I feel very uncomftable in a shirt, Like how I look just hate how it makes me feel.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    The word trouser always makes me laugh for some reason.

Same here - I only use it when followed by the word trout :)
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • Options
    phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    Usually jeans and a polo or acceptable t-shirt. However this new job is telling me slacks and a polo. Time to go clothes shopping.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • Options
    tbgree00tbgree00 Member Posts: 553 ■■■■□□□□□□
    A tuxedo shirt and jorts.

In reality slacks, polo or button down, and dress shoes. Once or twice a week I dress really nice to throw them off my scent if I ever do an interview.
    I finally started that blog - www.thomgreene.com
  • Options
    PeibolPeibol Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Whatever I want!!

Nobody comes to the IT "cave" department, so we just wear t-shirts, shorts, jeans, tennis shoes......

Our boss doesn't care at all. He just want the job done. icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    dynamik wrote: »
    One guy I used to work with did every day. He left a few top buttons undone so you could get a nice glimpse of chest hair. He also drove a purple PT Cruiser. I think there were bodies in the trunk.

Jeans and T-shirts at the office, or dress clothes and a tie while on-site with customers.

I can guarantee you there were body bags. He had a friend who worked for the East Baton Rouge Parish Coroner's office and he bought a few. Don't forget the ball gag on the rear-view.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    Paul Boz wrote: »
    I can guarantee you there were body bags. He had a friend who worked for the East Baton Rouge Parish Coroner's office and he bought a few. Don't forget the ball gag on the rear-view.

Thanks for clearing that up Paulicon_redface.gif..... I thought Dynamic was talking about you in public again.....icon_rolleyes.gif
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    button up long sleeve shirt, tie, dress pants, and dress shoes
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    LinuxRacrLinuxRacr Member Posts: 653 ■■■■□□□□□□
    When in the office: Jeans/Kakhis, polo or button up shirt, and Vibram Five Finger KSO Trek Shoes. (We aren't customer-facing, and with my new boss, he's over a thousand miles away)

Working from home: Just get out of bed, and go to my desk....
    My WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress : Transferred In|Remaining|In Progress|Completed
    AGC1, CLC1, GAC1, INC1, CTV1, INT1, BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, QLT1, HHT1, QBT1, BBC1 (39 CUs), (0 CUs) (0 CUs)
    WFV1, BNC1, EAV1, EBV1, COV1 | MGC1, IWC1 | CQV1, CNV1, IWT1, RIT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TPV1, CVV1 | EUP1, EUC1, DHV1| CUV1, C173 | BOV1, CJV1, TXP1, TXC1 | TYP1, TYC1, SBT1, RGT1 (84 CUs) DONE!
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    LinuxRacr wrote: »
    When in the office: Jeans/Kakhis, polo or button up shirt, and Vibram Five Finger KSO Trek Shoes. (We aren't customer-facing, and with my new boss, he's over a thousand miles away)

Working from home: Just get out of bed, and go to my desk....

How are those shoes? I heard they're super comfy!