Options

What do you wear to work?

Comments

• Options
    LinuxRacrLinuxRacr Member Posts: 653 ■■■■□□□□□□
    They are awesome!
    My WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress : Transferred In|Remaining|In Progress|Completed
    AGC1, CLC1, GAC1, INC1, CTV1, INT1, BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, QLT1, HHT1, QBT1, BBC1 (39 CUs), (0 CUs) (0 CUs)
    WFV1, BNC1, EAV1, EBV1, COV1 | MGC1, IWC1 | CQV1, CNV1, IWT1, RIT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TPV1, CVV1 | EUP1, EUC1, DHV1| CUV1, C173 | BOV1, CJV1, TXP1, TXC1 | TYP1, TYC1, SBT1, RGT1 (84 CUs) DONE!
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    LinuxRacr wrote: »
    They are awesome!

My girlfriend said she'd burn them or leave me if I got them though. icon_sad.gif

Do you get a lot of people asking questions/looking at them?
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    Nope.

Manufacturing environment - so I can get away with jeans and a nice shirt. However, I usually wear khakis and a polo/button up.

Strange. Those environments usually require that you tuck in your clothing as to avoid getting sucked into a machine.
  • Options
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    Strange. Those environments usually require that you tuck in your clothing as to avoid getting sucked into a machine.

Never on the manufacturing floor really. Help desk takes care of that stuff. icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    My girlfriend said she'd burn them or leave me if I got them though. icon_sad.gif

Do you get a lot of people asking questions/looking at them?

Good thing she's your girlfriend, and not your wife...yet. I don't wear them often anymore, as I have been an avid barefooter for the past two years (only wear shoes to the office). The shoes are definitely a conversation starter. If you value your anonymity, don't get these shoes...lol!
    My WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress : Transferred In|Remaining|In Progress|Completed
    AGC1, CLC1, GAC1, INC1, CTV1, INT1, BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, QLT1, HHT1, QBT1, BBC1 (39 CUs), (0 CUs) (0 CUs)
    WFV1, BNC1, EAV1, EBV1, COV1 | MGC1, IWC1 | CQV1, CNV1, IWT1, RIT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TPV1, CVV1 | EUP1, EUC1, DHV1| CUV1, C173 | BOV1, CJV1, TXP1, TXC1 | TYP1, TYC1, SBT1, RGT1 (84 CUs) DONE!
  • Options
    Good thing she's your girlfriend, and not your wife...yet. I don't wear them often anymore, as I have been an avid barefooter for the past two years (only wear shoes to the office). The shoes are definitely a conversation starter. If you value your anonymity, don't get these shoes...lol!

Only time I wear shoes is to work or to go into buildings. I usually wears flip-flops/sandals outside of work because I hate wearing shoes. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    BroadcastStormBroadcastStorm Member Posts: 496
    My environment is business casual, lately I've been dressing like a bum, but plan to go shopping, I plan to dress really sharp on my next gig when I am making alot more :P it comes with the value they pay me lol...
  • Options
    CountryboiCountryboi Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I normally wear dress pants and a button up and/or a tie...in the winter a sweater.......i think alot of times people expect IT to dress poorly or lazily...I am trying to change that one nice outfit at time icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□

At least you know a cheap way to get rid of her should the need arise.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Dammit, they don't make them big enough for my feet. icon_sad.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Slowhand wrote: »
    Dammit, they don't make them big enough for my feet. icon_sad.gif

They just saved you the embarrassment.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod

Are you kidding? I'm back in college, have you seen what the average 18 - 25 year old wears in public these days?

hipster.jpg

I'd practically be invisible wearing the Vibrams, compared to that. icon_lol.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264

hahahahahahahahah
  • Options
    PeibolPeibol Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    IF you want comfortable shoes, go Amazon.com: MBT Men's Shuguli GTX Oxford: Shoes

expensive, but so damn worthy, after mbt shoes, you dont want to wear anything else
  • Options
    Laugh at what you don't understand... or don't have the courage to rock....
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • Options
    Laugh at what you don't understand... or don't have the courage to rock....

I laugh at what I find funny. In this case it happens to be those funny looking shoes!
  • Options
    mshadowmshadow Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    A jedi robe
    CPTE, C|EH, OSCP, CCA, ACSP
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Slowhand wrote: »
    Are you kidding? I'm back in college, have you seen what the average 18 - 25 year old wears in public these days?

hipster.jpg

I'd practically be invisible wearing the Vibrams, compared to that. icon_lol.gif

LOL, no kidding...
  • Options
    Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
    I bet that guy is fighting the women off...
  • Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Peibol wrote: »
    IF you want comfortable shoes, go Amazon.com: MBT Men's Shuguli GTX Oxford: Shoes

expensive, but so damn worthy, after mbt shoes, you dont want to wear anything else

Man that's weird I can't imagine myself wearing them :D and they are damn expensive for something that looks like this.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Those shoes are really good for running and walking in general. They force you to use the ball of your foot instead of your heel, which results in much less impact and strain on your knee. One of the guys at work wears them on Fridays, and they're hilarious. I'm seriously considering picking up a pair though.
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    I am back in college now too, and the young ones certainly wear some heinous ****...

do any of you have visible tattoo's? and if yes, are you required to cover them up?

my forearms have tatt's on them, nothing offensive, but certainly noticeable
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    I am back in college now too, and the young ones certainly wear some heinous ****...

do any of you have visible tattoo's? and if yes, are you required to cover them up?

I have a couple. No one has ever said anything to me about covering them up. If I ever have anything super formal to do I just wear long sleeves.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    za3bour wrote: »
    Man that's weird I can't imagine myself wearing them :D and they are damn expensive for something that looks like this.

$230 for a pair of shoes??
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    gosh1976gosh1976 Member Posts: 441
    Mike-Mike wrote: »

I've worked for three different IT companies only one of which involved on-site visits to clients but none of them said anything about the tattoo on my wrist. I do make sure that my dress shirt covers it if I go to an interview though. I'm not in IT now but my current job involves quite a bit of customer contact but jeans and t-shirt are no problem.

I do remember at my first IT job working the late shift and sometimes after working late on the way out I would pass another department and the lights would be turned down real low and there would be this guy sitting in his cubicle all alone on the floor dressed in what had to be his pajamas. Actually I think I saw a pillow a couple times.
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    gosh1976 wrote: »
    I've worked for three different IT companies only one of which involved on-site visits to clients but none of them said anything about the tattoo on my wrist. I do make sure that my dress shirt covers it if I go to an interview though. I'm not in IT now but my current job involves quite a bit of customer contact but jeans and t-shirt are no problem.

I do remember at my first IT job working the late shift and sometimes after working late on the way out I would pass another department and the lights would be turned down real low and there would be this guy sitting in his cubicle all alone on the floor dressed in what had to be his pajamas. Actually I think I saw a pillow a couple times.

haha, i wouldn't talk to the pajamas dude, no way

my left arm i only have one tatt on my wrist, but i have 3 large tatt's on my right forearm that pretty much cover the entire forearm area, so it's certainly going to be noticed, but i wouldn't be opposed to wearing long sleeves if needed
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    PeibolPeibol Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote: »
    Those shoes are really good for running and walking in general. They force you to use the ball of your foot instead of your heel, which results in much less impact and strain on your knee. One of the guys at work wears them on Fridays, and they're hilarious. I'm seriously considering picking up a pair though.

Exactly.

They are expensive, yes, but if you have feet, knee, hip problems, they help a lot.

Dynamik, i guarentee you that if you get one, you will notice the difference when you wear another shoes. So if you can afford go for it. I did it and never regret it. icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    dynamik wrote: »

the guy who wears them to work wears them because he's weird as hell. I'd know, he's my former room-mate and I got him a job. You want to follow in the proverbial footsteps of "myfacialhair.jpg?"
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Paul Boz wrote: »
    the guy who wears them to work wears them because he's weird as hell. I'd know, he's my former room-mate and I got him a job. You want to follow in the proverbial footsteps of "myfacialhair.jpg?"

He wears them because he has "Dorito knees" (his words) icon_lol.gif

I have a jacked up knee from a torn ligament I received while trying to do something cool on a snowboard, so I might check these out.