What do you wear to work?

124»

Comments

• vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    I am back in college now too, and the young ones certainly wear some heinous ****...

do any of you have visible tattoo's? and if yes, are you required to cover them up?

my forearms have tatt's on them, nothing offensive, but certainly noticeable

I have a tattoo on each wrist. Also, I wear white t-shirts under my polos/button ups because I have a large chest piece. I also have 1/2" lobes, never had an issue and I work for a Fortune 100 company.
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    When I worked the NOC jeans and Tshirts.

Navy: Had to ware the uniform

Wan Engineer Tshirt and Jeans office days

Customer facing days shirt and slack shoes haircut the whole 9.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • mark_s0mark_s0 Member Posts: 82 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    I am back in college now too, and the young ones certainly wear some heinous ****...

do any of you have visible tattoo's? and if yes, are you required to cover them up?

my forearms have tatt's on them, nothing offensive, but certainly noticeable

I have a full arm sleeve and I have to wear a long sleeve shirt all year round to cover them. I'm not that fussed about it but it does get pretty hot in the summer!
  • LinuxRacrLinuxRacr Member Posts: 653 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Peibol wrote: »
    IF you want comfortable shoes, go Amazon.com: MBT Men's Shuguli GTX Oxford: Shoes

expensive, but so damn worthy, after mbt shoes, you dont want to wear anything else

Those shoes are some of the worse. Super gimmick. No one looks or walks natural in those. MBT (Masai Barefoot Technology) is so far from barefoot. What an oxymoron.

I suggest anyone looking for the truth read this book (it is a short read, only being 130 pages):

http://www.thebarefootprofessor.com/

YouTube - The Barefoot Book trailer

518DzXINhRL._SS500_.jpg

It will change your life, and the way you look at shoes, and things in general.
    My WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress : Transferred In|Remaining|In Progress|Completed
    AGC1, CLC1, GAC1, INC1, CTV1, INT1, BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, QLT1, HHT1, QBT1, BBC1 (39 CUs), (0 CUs) (0 CUs)
    WFV1, BNC1, EAV1, EBV1, COV1 | MGC1, IWC1 | CQV1, CNV1, IWT1, RIT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TPV1, CVV1 | EUP1, EUC1, DHV1| CUV1, C173 | BOV1, CJV1, TXP1, TXC1 | TYP1, TYC1, SBT1, RGT1 (84 CUs) DONE!
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    LinuxRacr wrote: »
    Those shoes are some of the worse. Super gimmick. No one looks or walks natural in those. MBT (Masai Barefoot Technology) is so far from barefoot. What an oxymoron.

I suggest anyone looking for the truth read this book (it is a short read, only being 130 pages):

http://www.thebarefootprofessor.com/

YouTube - The Barefoot Book trailer

It will change your life, and the way you look at shoes, and things in general.

Have you seen this?

Christopher McDougall | Born to Run | National Bestseller

I saw him on The Daily Show: Christopher McDougall - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 08/18/2009 - Video Clip | Comedy Central
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Trousers + tucked in shirt. In theory the dress code includes a suit jacket and tie but I stopped wearing either of those long ago. The tie was semi optional for me personally because occasionally I have to mess with the big line printers and its a hazard having anything loose like that.

I'm surprised Dynamik doesn't break out the mankini for casual fridays.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Peibol wrote: »
    IF you want comfortable shoes, go Amazon.com: MBT Men's Shuguli GTX Oxford: Shoes

expensive, but so damn worthy, after mbt shoes, you dont want to wear anything else
    They don't make them big enough for my feet (13-XXwide I basically have big duck feet) and I couldn't see paying that much anyway. They would probably be good for my knees though as I've had arthroscopic on right knee and soon on left. Dr. said knee replacement is in my future.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    tiersten wrote: »

He only brings that on business-trips. How do you think he scores free drinks in bars after his security gigs?

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□

I'm surprised that he didn't post that he actually does. He's been sent home to change three times. They won't fire him though *odd*
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    dynamik wrote: »
    One guy I used to work with did every day. He left a few top buttons undone so you could get a nice glimpse of chest hair. He also drove a purple PT Cruiser. I think there were bodies in the trunk.

Was that Paul? icon_lol.gif

Shirt, Suit and sometimes tie environment.

Only get to wear casual for onsite work, yet i still have to climb under desks in my suit trousers because we are a service based company.....

Company is run by idiots though so nothing surprises me anymore.
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • ziggi138ziggi138 Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I work for a customer service company that happens to sell shoes. The dress code is very very casual. I usually show up to work in shorts and a t-shirt. The only i catch flack about my attire is when i am wearing shoes that are starting to look a little old. Then i just buy some more with my awesome 40% discount and they leave me alone til they start to wear out. BTW I am a tech support rep.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□

Guys, it's rude to show off. You know I like to keep things on the down-low... icon_cool.gif
    Pash wrote: »
    Was that Paul? icon_lol.gif

No, I'd get banned if I tried to describe that situation...
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Hey man, I had to do something with those pest inspection glue traps.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
    dynamik wrote: »

Yeah, I have that book, and read it last September. Excellent read.
    My WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress : Transferred In|Remaining|In Progress|Completed
    AGC1, CLC1, GAC1, INC1, CTV1, INT1, BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, QLT1, HHT1, QBT1, BBC1 (39 CUs), (0 CUs) (0 CUs)
    WFV1, BNC1, EAV1, EBV1, COV1 | MGC1, IWC1 | CQV1, CNV1, IWT1, RIT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TPV1, CVV1 | EUP1, EUC1, DHV1| CUV1, C173 | BOV1, CJV1, TXP1, TXC1 | TYP1, TYC1, SBT1, RGT1 (84 CUs) DONE!
  • cablegodcablegod Member Posts: 294
    Normal days: Jeans & T-shirt or vendor-gifted polo with Five Fingers KSO or KSO Sport Trek shoes.

When clients will be onsite: Khaki pants, polo of some type and normal business-casual shoes.

My home office: You never know. It could be anything or nothing.
    “Government is a disease masquerading as its own cure.” -Robert LeFevre
  • XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    When I was working

Everyday, wore business casual: polo/button down, slacks or khakis

Friday: casual, I still wore a polo shirt with jeans and loafers thoughicon_cool.gif
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

• msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    We don't have much of a dress code to follow. I might be wearing jeans one day, khakis another, cargo pants, whatever really.

I'm usually wearing Blackhawk I.T.S. pants which is funny if you know what they are. They are typically worn in tactical situations and have 4 built in tourniquets, just in case I REALLY REALLY piss off a user and they attempt to kill me :D

Realistically though, they are a very comfortable cargo style and have plenty of storage for all of the various electronics, flashlight, knife, etc that I carry on my person wherever I go. They are very well made and rugged and I got them for an incredible bargain for $14 per pair new while they used to retail for nearly $100 per pair. I used to get all kinds of crap for it though, courtesy of the built in tourniquets, but they're just jealous that I got awesome pants for cheap :D
    cablegod wrote: »
    Normal days: Jeans & T-shirt or vendor-gifted polo with Five Fingers KSO or KSO Sport Trek shoes.

When clients will be onsite: Khaki pants, polo of some type and normal business-casual shoes.

My home office: You never know. It could be anything or nothing.

Exactly...