NeatReceipts

eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
Anyone try their products?

The Neat Company - Scanners and Scanner Software

My experience is less than stellar at the moment. Currently I'm on my 2nd non-functional scanner that they've sent.

It looks like a really good idea, and honestly I waited a couple of years after I first saw it before buying one. Figured I'd give them time to work out all of the issues.

MS

Comments

• forkvoidforkvoid Member Posts: 317
    I suppose if you're only spending $200, this might be out of your price range... Amazon.com: Fujitsu ScanSnap S300 Color Mobile Scanner:…

I have a couple clients who use this for scanning receipts and business cards, and it works very well for them. I'll probably end up buying one myself, eventually.
    The beginning of knowledge is understanding how little you actually know.
  • eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    forkvoid wrote: »
    I suppose if you're only spending $200, this might be out of your price range... Amazon.com: Fujitsu ScanSnap S300 Color Mobile Scanner:…

Yeah, I've seen it, and I've only heard good things about it. However, the price seems really steep for what it does.

I felt like NeatReceipts was overpriced too...in fact, the only thing that convinced me to get it was a $25 off coupon I scored.

If I don't get NeatReceipts thing to work then I might give this one a try...

MS
  • GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    Saw the commercial for the first time this morning.

It looks like one of those "wow, thats a really clever device that could actually be worth getting...

but it probably doesn't work...."
    GT-Rob wrote: »
    It looks like one of those "wow, thats a really clever device that could actually be worth getting...

but it probably doesn't work...."

Thus far, this is exactly my experience...

And I don't mean "doesn't work" in terms of some obscure feature; I mean the scanner doesn't actually scan in an image.

MS
  • apena7apena7 Member Posts: 351
    Where I work, we provide ScanSnap S1500 scanners to our clients. They work great, and the only maintenance required is the occasional pad assembly replacement. But for a fellow on the go as yourself, it wouldn't be very practical since it's rather bulky. It does come with Acrobat 9 though, which is probably why the price tag is a little high.
    Usus magister est optimus
  • PeibolPeibol Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The ones i know are:

Amazon.com: Fujitsu ScanSnap S1500 Instant PDF Sheet-Fed Scanner for PC: Electronics

and

a Xerox that goes for $800+, both for different customers with different needs.

The Fujitsu (21 pages per minute), remember, scans both sides at once, so its like 42 one side pages, it works so good so i guess the S300 is nice too.

You can scan business cards, receipts, letter and up to legal paper size. Very easy to use (1 button) and then the software pops and u can manage what you want to do (save, attach to e-mail.....). Only inconvenient, well it's not but would be nice to have a rj45, it's only usb.

Very good for accounting, taxes...

I installed several of the Fujitsu, so like I said, good brand, good models. For prices unless u get an special offer, Amazon, usually beats everybody. icon_thumright.gif
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    No experience with that software but a client of ours uses one of those tiny thin scanners and it works good.
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    My old company bought one for scanning business cards. It's very fickle and makes you do a million things before it works.

It's a PITA in my experience.
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    There I fixed your problem.
    HON_512_Open%20(400%20x%20360).jpg
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I've considered getting one of these for a while for the indexing abilities of my documents scanned. Presently I just use my Brother multifunction device and scan and rename and file things into an appropriate folder in the correct year sub-folder and include the data in the filename. Though this may continue to work well for me as I rarely need to look things up. On the flip side though, my use is more personal use only at the moment as the economy and other priorities in life has me not focusing as much on my side businesses which I could see more of a demand to have things easily searched.

I'll stick with my basic multifunction and a bit of extra file keeping on my part for now :)
    I arrived home today from a trip to find that the 3rd one of these had arrived.

I plugged it in and it worked perfectly! I'm actually very impressed with how it works. The way it looks now, this will be a big time saver and will eliminate a lot of paper from my life.

MS
  • ssampierssampier Member Posts: 224
    hannibal.jpgI love it when a plan comes together.
    Future Plans:

JNCIA Firewall
    CCNA:Security
    CCNP

More security exams and then the world.