Options

Windows 2000 Default user and password

minimanminiman Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I have installed 98 and 2000 on an old spare computer to practice with in preparation for the OS exam. Does anyone know the default user name and password for 2000 as the first time It booted I clicked on the "close box" icon_redface.gif

What a wally!

Comments

• Options
    nathanamthornathanamthor Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just type anything ("user" or "admin" maybe) into the username field, leave the pw blank, you should be able to then log in. There is no default.
    miniman wrote:
    Hi,

I have installed 98 and 2000 on an old spare computer to practice with in preparation for the OS exam. Does anyone know the default user name and password for 2000 as the first time It booted I clicked on the "close box" icon_redface.gif

What a wally!
  • Options
    hhisgetthhisgett Member Posts: 181
    The default username should be "Administrator". You should have been prompted to define a password during the installation. Did you define one? If not, the password maybe be blank.
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    If you didn't enter a password during setup, just leave it blank for logon.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    jstar3jstar3 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I thought the default password for Windows 2000 was "password"?
  • Options
    GawdGawd Member Posts: 132
    Definatly Not, Default is Blank.
    "Password" would be pointless to put in as default because its just as secure as a blank password.

Gawd
  • Options
    GawdGawd Member Posts: 132
    If you accidently put in a password and cant remember, get Offline NT Password & Registry Editior (http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/).
    Its a bootable Disc/Disk that will let you reset your NT Password. Assuming your using the NTFS File System.

Gawd